10 || 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐍

Pushing forward with the idea of meeting the Brothers properly this time, Afina-Jade had left her apartment with Casey, clinging to his arm for comfort until they reached a sketchy alleyway with a single manhole cover in the middle of it. "N-Not creepy at all." She sarcastically said to him.

"It isn't as bad as it looks..." Casey whispered, lifting the cover with all his strength and telling Afina-Jade to climb down. "Go, I'll be right behind you." He set the cover to the side of the entrance to the underground world.

"Yuck..." Jade said, adjusting her bag on her shoulders and finding the position to climb into the sewer tunnels without eating it at the bottom and breaking a tooth or bruising her chin. When her feet met the sewer's floors, she looked up to see Casey following her closely and covering the manhole back up. Then, he brings out his smartphone to shine the light through the tunnel and reveal the nasty slime and water tricking down the sides of the round walls. "It's still hard to believe these guys exist."

"It took me some time, too, but they are great to have around," Casey said to Jade who is hugging her arms out of being nervous.

"If you say so." Jade said to Casey, seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. This must be the lair. Well, what else could it be? She is so glad Casey is with her and when they come into the Turtle Lair together, she can feel the sweat coming down her forehead. She took many, many deep breaths until her heart slowed and heated at a steady rate.

The first to greet her and Casey was Master Splinter, since he isn't so large, maybe Jade could comprehend his existence a little quicker. "Jade," He says, gesturing a friendly bow. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope Casey wasn't too much trouble for you." He chuckled.

Jade forced a smile, shrugging at the rat. "Not too much trouble."

Splinter smiled at the girl. "Please, have a seat." He gestured to the bright orange couch in the living room.

Casey guided Afina-Jade to the piece of furniture and sat beside her, folding his hands together and nudging her gently. "So far so good, huh?"

"Sure, I guess." Afina-Jade chuckled, rubbing her hands together, scanning every inch of the lair to see its detail and theme. Well, there isn't really a solid theme besides 'teenager'. This entire thing screams amusement park, childish play, rainbows and unicorns, and whatever else. She took in a deep breath, closing her eyes tightly, and instantly heard multiple footsteps travel toward her and Casey. Once she opened her eyes, she looked slightly to the left and found four brothers standing shoulder-to-shoulder and displaying friendly smiles.

"Miss Jade," Splinter said. "I'd like to properly introduce you to my sons. Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo." He motioned to them, each having a slightly different impression on their faces. What they had in common was those smirks curling along their mouths.

She hesitantly raised her hand up to wave. "Hi." She forces a smile.

Right away, one of them spoke. "Jade, we apologize for our recent greeting-- the Foot." It was the one with a pair of thick glasses. Donatello. He seemed to be very sincere and empathetic. 

"Hey, it's not every day we get to meet someone new." Raph said to her with a short shrug. It sounds like he likes the idea of Afina-Jade being in his home.

Afina glanced at Casey before having a brief moment to herself. These mutants mean no harm to her and they mean well, so she looked up back at the Brothers and nodded once as a signal to accept them. Out of the citizens of New York, she's only met Casey and Rocky, friends that she really loves and if she is going to live here in Manhattan, might as well gin some new friends despite how they appear.