Chapter 11: An Unexpected Surprise

The sound of birds chirping and the bright sunlight shining through the window of Kajol's hotel room was enough to wake her from her deep sleep. She yawned and stretched her arms never opening her eyes, to keep the light out. A smile had made its way onto her face as she thought of the events from last night. Everything she and Shah Rukh had done together. Every position, every kiss, every touch, and every hour that passed them by. She finally reached out her arm to feel for the man next to her, but the bed felt empty. Shooting her eyes open. To her disappointment, she confirmed that the bed was indeed empty. In that moment her heart ached. Kajol knew that they had separate lives to live; she knew that they were supposed to be one and done, but she never thought that after all the raw, physical, and vulnerable emotions shared between them, she would wake up alone. Kajol investigated the room for anything. A note was really what she was looking for, but there was nothing and no explanation. There was nothing to calm her mind or her heart. Kajol wasn't angry. She was just hurt.

"Damn you, Shah Rukh" She sighed softly into her pillow, letting it comfort her and collect her tears. Kajol was confused by her own sorrows. Shouldn't she be happy she was able to live out a fantasy? Why was she upset and so disappointed?

'KNOCK'

'KNOCK'

Kajol let out a loud breath she didn't know she was holding in. That had to be Shah Rukh coming back right? She couldn't help, but let a small smirk meet her lips. 'Maybe he went and go breakfast and came back!' Kajol was now beaming at the sweet gesture she hadn't even witnessed yet.

Springing into action she placed on her robe almost tripping to open the door and when she did she saw her husband standing before her.

"Ajay?" Kajol shrieked more frantically than she wanted to, Ajay looked at his wife with a confused face, walking into the hotel room past her.

"Why do you sound so surprised to see me?" He questioned making his way to sit in one of the furnished chairs that adorned her private hotel room. Kajol was mentally in a panic right now. Her eyes glanced around the room for any signs of the night she had last night, but luckily all evidence of Shah Rukh Khan had vanished. She was happy, but also sad at this revelation.

"Because you didn't tell me you were coming that's all." Kajol shrugged trying to act nonchalant, but wasn't doing a good job of it. Ajay couldn't help but chuckle at the way his wife was acting.

"Do you have a man in here of something? What are you so jumpy about?" Ajay laughed lowly, stretching his arms out and leaning on the couch. He was amused by how nervous his wife was to see him. He found it cute and different from how she would normally act.

"NO, NEVER!" She scoffed loudly shooing the idea with her hand. 'Way to be natural dumb ass!' She said to herself in the comfort of her own mind.

"I just really wasn't expecting you. I consider it a surprise." Kajol faked a smile, her husband never knew the difference anyway. Ajay smiled back patting the couch cushion next to him. His wife tightened her robe and made her way to sit next to him. They sat in silence for a while. Kajol didn't know if it was a good or bad thing. She hoped it was a comfortable silence on his end. The silence was only broken when Ajay gripped her chin causing her eyes to meet his. His eyes rarely had emotion, but today they showed anxiousness.

"I talked with Karan, I agreed to the sex scene only if I were here when it was shot." Ajay sighed slowly. All Kajol could do was sit with her mouth open. She had already ruled out the sex scene without thinking about it again. She never thought Ajay would actually... agree.

"I know, I know. It's not in my character to agree to something like this. You already know how I feel about Shah Rukh and the film altogether... but I thought about it." He said slowly bringing Kajol's wedded hand to his lips and kissing it softly, causing her mouth to fall open again. Who was this man showing her so much affection? And why was he doing it now?