Chapter 27: Burning Red With Jealousy Part 2

The interview had been going smoothly for two out of the three best friends. Arjun was intelligent, charming, and witty. He kept the conversation going about the film. There were never any awkward silences or any points where he didn't entertain both Kajol and Karan. Karan couldn't find a flaw in sight, which was unusual. He was quick to point out anyone's flaws, but Arjun was the ideal man for any woman's dreams, at least from the surface level. He seemed to be. If Shah Rukh weren't in the picture he'd be the perfect little boy toy for Kajol. Hands down Arjun would have won his approval.

Shah Rukh on the other hand was the only person not enjoying himself in the company of Arjun. Now and again Shah Rukh would notice him stealing glances of Kajol. He watched as the man would evaluate her; every part of her. Her eyes, her lips, her curves, and even her posture and the way she crossed her legs. To Shah Rukh, Arjun looked like a hungry lion stocking his prey. It would be a matter of time before he went in for the kill. It set Shah Rukh's skin ablaze, making him hot as fire. He had been constantly clenching and unclenching his jaw and fists trying to remain calm and collected and keep his mouth shut. He didn't want to disappoint Karan or come off as over-protective to Kajol with his distaste for Arjun's wandering eyes.

"Shah Rukh sir, in the previews of the film fans are still in complete shock of your kiss with Kajol. How was it for you both to break your kissing contract?" Arjun asked turning to him with a questioning smile. Shah Rukh saw his smile as sinister. He didn't trust it. Kajol had finally turned to Shah Rukh giving him some type of attention. The attention he had been missing since Arjun cat-walked like a man model onto the set.

Shah Rukh had been short and sweet answering his questions. He wanted the hour to be over with as quickly as possible. He wanted Arjun to get an eye full of Kajol leaving the same way she came. With him and only him.

"The kiss was completely improvised. The scene seemed to just call for it as if there were no way around it. Kajol and I are so comfortable together as friends. It went smoothly. If I had to break my contract with anyone it would be her naturally being my very best friend." Shah Rukh latched his hand to Kajol's earning a smile to spread across her lips. Against Karan's wishes of Shah Rukh keeping his hands to himself, he couldn't help but lean in to kiss her forehead lightly. Shah Rukh was trying to politely prove a point that told Arjun to back off.

"Not only did the scene call for it but come on! Our fans have been wanting to see something like that kiss between us for decades. So it was also just natural to give the people what they wanted." Kajol also replied to the question, giving her two cents on to add. Her mind traveled back to the precious moment of their very first kiss. It felt as if it happened lightyears ago. It was the first time she had ever kissed anyone and the room felt as if it were spinning and time stopped completely.

"So this is just what the people wanted? Neither of you wanted it?... The chemistry you both have is considerably undeniable and so raw with emotion." Arjun asked with an inquisitive expression. When he first saw the preview for himself he felt as if the couple weren't pretending at all. He couldn't personally tell if they were acting or not. He knew he wouldn't get a clear answer from their mouths, but hoped their face would cast their true emotions about their connection to each other.

"I can assure you Arjun it was just what the people wanted. We're just friends and working professionals. Shah Rukh is a married man. I'm in the middle of a divorce. The last thing we think about is something as juvenile as kissing each other. We're actors. It's our job to act." Kajol smiled falsely at the interviewer, she always thought about kissing the man. She let her hand leave Shah Rukh's making his heart sting just a little. He knew she was just lying for the cameras, but man did it hurt his heart. This had to be how Kajol felt when she overheard Shah Rukh saying to his wife he felt nothing for her.