Chapter 1

I wake up to to a dimly lit room. I check myself but as I try to move my hands to feel for injuries it’s like my arms can’t reach far enough. It feels like my arms have been restrained by an invisible force attempting to stop me from moving.

I push as hard as I can against the force, eventually pushing past and I can feel my body. My skin feels soft and smooth, just like a newborn baby... wait.

I sit up to see that I am a baby, guess god does exist and I’ve been reincarnated? I know I’m an Atheist but this too good, right? I was excited about being able to live a new life until I saw babies like myself scattered across the floor and right behind me instantly made me regret having hope for a better life. Behind me is SCP-939. In the future I’m either going to look like that thing or be a bunch of limbs in separate jars labeled sequentially. I can’t let myself be cut up, not that the alternative is any better. I decided to choose life over being cut into pieces and experimented on.

I then began to hear chewing noises ans what I saw made me ever regret having functioning eyes. SCP-939 feasted on the body of one of the children it’d given birth to. I couldn’t pull my eyes away as I witnessed the gruesome scene. Blood splurted from the neck of the child like a bloody fountain, spreading the red substance across the floor. I understood it was dead anyways but it would’ve made me vomit if I'd eaten anything before. I was just born, vomiting isn’t something I can do right now. It was then I remembered one specific document on SCP-939. Wasn’t it on the reproduction of SCP-939? If I remember correctly then it took 9 years for a Child to start showing symptoms of being a 939. Aversion to light, sensitivity to sound, and the sudden need to rip off their own flesh. Ripping off my own flesh sounds painful but it can’t be avoided, unless I die before then which is likely.

I couldn’t do anything but accept the fact that this is my life and I’m going to have to live it. I have many future and current problems at the moment. How am I going to survive? What is going to happen when I do become a 939? Am I even going to live past today? God has forsaken me! Oh, wait god does exist here, I shouldn’t say things like that if I want to keep my head.

Survival is key and I need to ensure that I’m not killed before I become a 939. I just hope I have the will to ignore the constant urge to eat but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

My thoughts were interrupted when several D-Class entered the room. I didn’t want to be anyone other than SCP-939-A6. I need to be the last one caught.

I forced myself to stand on my baby legs and began walking unsteadily away from the D-Class and hoped they would go after the others. They were faster, stronger, and maybe smarter than me but I had the element of surprise. Nobody expects a baby to be as intelligent as an adult.

I waddled towards a corner away from the door and hid, it wasn’t really hiding but it was the best I could do. I practiced actually walking and I managed to get in a rhythm that’d allow me to outsmart the people coming to get me. Now if I could run I’d have more options but these stubby baby legs offer no room for error.

I watched as the children were taken one by one. There were five. Then four. Eventually only two remained. I changed my hiding spot and hoped I wouldn’t be noticed. Then two D-Class came in to take the last two. It was just me, and a baby lying on the floor. It’s obvious which one they’d get first, obviously the baby that couldn’t resist.

I was wrong. Both D-Class came right towards me, moving slowly and silently to not disturb SCP-939. I decided to use their caution against them to make them disturb SCP-939, that way they’d both be killed.

I looped around 939-1 to try and trip them up, with how slow they had to move I was given plenty of time to move out of their reach. All I had to do was run their patience dry.
Over the course of several minutes the D-Class were beginning to get frustrated as indicated by their facial expressions. Eventually they will make a fatal mistake. It’s just a matter of time before then.

What I didn’t anticipate though, was me making a mistake. I’d gotten in arms reach and the D-Class both dove, literally. To grab me. This was a mistake because you know who they just dove on top of? SCP-939-1. This pissed off SCP-939 and it started attacking them. I'd also be pissed if two random guys I’ve never seen before just dove on me while I slept. This led to a rather one-sided fight where I hid in a corner and one of the D-Class killed the only other baby of SCP-939 by falling on it. This appeared to piss off SCP-939 and I saw the malice in its eyes. How I could see the malice I don’t know, maybe it’s a being the child of SCP-939 thing. Anyways, that D-Class got torn to literal shreds. Foreskin, blood, and a few organs were all that remained. The other D-Class supposedly had a heart attack from the fear. It looked like one.

Then, gas started filling the room, it made me feel exhausted and tired. I’ve seen enough for today and I’d rather sleep it off than fight the gas. I can sleep easy knowing I won't be chopped up and have my limbs be placed into jars for future experimentation. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.