Chapter 8: Addressing the False Rumor

Luna's POV

When I woke up the next day, I went to the balcony to see the sky. I looked down, and I saw Felix's car exiting.

Felix didn't tell me where he was going. He is still upset about yesterday.

It's the weekend, and I don't have work. Maybe Felix has a client.

I wanted to address the fake rumor on live.

But before I address the rumor, I wanted to tell Noah about it.

I called Noah.

"Hello, Noah?" I said.

"Yes, Luna. I read an article about us this morning. Why are we in an article?" Noah asked.

"So, you already saw and read it. I need to tell you something, Noah, and it's a secret between us. Promise me you won't tell it to other people or the media," I said.

"Okay. Now tell me about the secret," Noah said.

I told Noah the truth about me and Felix.

"What? So, you are in a fake relationship with this CEO and living together in his house?" Noah asked.

"Yes. I agreed to be his fake girlfriend, and we lived under one roof. I agreed because I don't want to ruin his image and reputation," I told Noah.

"When are you planning to end your fake relationship?" Noah asked.

"I don't know because it's still early for that," I said.

"Is he treating you well?" Noah asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"Okay. At least I know you are safe with him" Noah said.

"I need to hang up because I need to address the fake rumor about us on live," I said.

"Ok"

I hung up. I opened my Facebook and clicked live video.

I started addressing the rumor. I said that I was not cheating on Felix and that the guy I was spotted with yesterday at the amusement park was my childhood friend. And I also begged them not to bother and leave Noah because he likes his peace.

I read some comments, and I am glad that they supported me.

I thanked the people who watched and listened and ended the live.

After addressing the rumor, the media posted an article about me handling the rumor.

Noah's POV

Luna told me the truth about her and her fake relationship with Felix Hayes and to keep it a secret.

I was shocked when Luna told me they lived together in this CEO's house.

Oh well, as long as he is treating Luna well.

That night in the Ferris wheel, I was going to confess to her, but I was afraid.

When we were in middle school, I wanted to confess to her, but I was afraid that it would ruin our friendship. We were separated in college because the university I was studying was far from Luna's university, so we just exchanged conversations through texting and calling. I could not meet her in person because I was busy with academics. I felt down when Luna didn't reply to my texts or answer all my calls. I don't know what happened to her. But I am glad that I met her again at the coffee shop and got an explanation about why she didn't contact me. And then I found out about this.

I opened my Facebook and saw Luna doing live, addressing the false rumor about us.

After the live ended, I searched about Felix Hayes. I typed his name and pressed enter. I click his biography and read it.

Felix Hayes is the CEO of Hayes Group, which designs and sells watches. He started this business at a young age. I looked at his net profit, and damn, he is wealthy, and I'm just average. I envy him.

I plan to confess to Luna when I return.

I am leaving the country because I am going to accompany our director.

Felix's POV

It was already night when I finished my work. It's Sunday, and I know there's no work. I want to distract myself by doing work.

I was so mad last night when I saw and read the article and an image of Luna hugging a guy.

Why am I even mad at her? Luna said that they were just childhood friends. Am I jealous?

I think I am jealous, and I realized that I like Luna. I am slowly falling for her.

When Luna and I almost kissed that night, I was frustrated because my phone rang.

It's been long since I felt this feeling.

While driving, I passed by a cake shop and wanted to buy her a cake, so I parked my car and bought one. This is my way of apologizing to her.

When I arrived home, I saw Luna in the kitchen cooking.

I cleared my throat.

"Oh, Felix. You've arrived. Just in time because dinner is ready," Luna said, preparing the table.

"Ah, I bought cake," I said, lifting the box.

Luna got the box and opened it.

"Wow, Sans Rival. My favorite," Luna asked.

"Glad that I bought your favorite flavor. Uhm. I wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I got mad," I said while rubbing my neck.

"It's okay. I forgive you. I talked to Noah. I told him the truth about us and said to keep it a secret. And I also addressed the rumor," Luna said.

"I know. I saw you going live," I said.

"Let's eat dinner," Luna said.

After eating dinner, Luna sliced the cake, and we ate it.

"It's so delicious," Luna said.

I saw an icing beside Luna's mouth, so I wiped it.

"Thanks," Luna said.

I'm glad that we're okay.