13. The Art of Noticing

| Angus Armani |

| Angus Armani |

"The Art of Noticing" 

"You ready?" I questioned Annalise, as I waited for her outside the small bathroom that was in my bedroom. I was anxious, as I knew that she was not on good terms with her brother, but I had somehow coaxed her out of my house and she was going to watch me. Me, and not her brother. 

Archer and Alistair were coming with, so they could keep her company, which made me even more anxious. If it was just Archer, I would have been fine, as he usually didn't really pay much attention to my game, and he usually would have to leave early for his game, but tonight, he was staying for the whole night. 

Alistair was coming for the whole night too. He never came to any of my games, even though he told me would try. He was my oldest brother, so he had a life without me, and I had a life without him. I didn't need him to come to all my games, as I had grown out of the phase of being disappointed when he didn't come. 

He was the one sole person that I wished would be proud of me. He had been there through everything, practically raising me when our parents were on work trips. He did it all, and I admired him for that. He had to deal with my temper, and I was grateful for the time that we had spent with each other, even though I had always known, deep down, that it would eventually come to an end, and it had. 

"I guess" she muttered, before opening the door. Annalise was naturally beautiful. She was probably one of the most beautiful girls at school, and that was saying something. From the way her hair naturally laid down on her shoulders and her beautiful blue eyes that were so blue that I could forever get lost in them.

She was only in a pair of light-washed denim jeans that were a little baggy on her, with a one shouldered white top. Turning around, I grabbed a grey hoodie of mine, for her to wear, as hers was in the wash, before I was rummaging around my old jerseys that I had grown out of, before handing that to her as well. 

"Why are you giving me your jersey?" the confusion in her voice made my heart sink a little. Maybe she didn't understand the meaning of someone giving a girl their jersey or maybe she just didn't want it. "So everyone knows that your there to support me" the crease in her eyebrows that had formed, finally disappeared, and my heart filled with hope. 

Since I had found her on the pier two nights ago, the bickering we had done at school and the rink, had officially died down. As much as I would hate to admit, I missed our bickering. But now, I realized, that it was just her way of pushing everyone away, so that the prying eye would not ask questions about her, as she was verbally abused at home. 

That much I knew. I found that out on my own, as I noticed that sometimes when Archer and I pushed one another or said some certain words to one another, I would always see her flinch from the corner of my eye. I always had an eye on her, but now, my eye was closer to the details that she held.