Prologue

It ought to be one of the most memorable nights of her life, and rightfully it was. But in an unfathomable way.

He slammed a hefty pile of paper over the wooden coffee table, with the words Terms & Conditions stretched across the A4 sheet of paper. Underlined and Bold. Underneath were uncountable bullet points, and microscopic letters that filled the whole paper.

Perplexed, her tired eyes looked up at him. His usual stern look was smeared across his face, as he stood tall before her, in a tuxedo with his sleeves rolled up. She looked a little further, at his assistant, who was almost always around him, hugging a bunch of files or an iPad; his assistant turned away, avoiding the eye contact.

"One year. Maximum, two. Three Hundred Thousand a month", he utters and the look of sheer confusion on her face intensifies.

"It's a contract, Navya ma'am", eventually, his assistant steps in. A contract? 300K a month? What the hell is happening on the night they got married?

Her silence persists, and he let's out a loud sigh.

"I'll pay you three lakh rupees to be my wife, but I'm not making any commitments", he blurts out and she stared at him, blankly for a whole moment, while her Sabyasachi bridal lehenga weighed down on her.

"You work if you want. Stay home if you want. Go out in the middle of the night. Come back home whenever you want. It doesn't matter. I don't care who you're with, what you're doing and where you are. This marriage is nothing but a legal piece of paper. But whatever you do, the media shouldn't utter a word about us under the negative light. Everything I expect from you, I've written it down on the contract and every little thing here has a price", one could feel the bitterness in his words from a mile away.

"If you agree, sign the contract. Otherwise, we'll apply for a divorce tomorrow", arrogance coated every word he uttered.

Hi cuties! So three things:

1. If you are interested in reading this story, please let me know so that I can take it forward.

2. For those who don't know I'm a fifth year medical student so my schedule is pretty tight which is why I couldn't write any new chapters of IHOOM.

3. This is a pre-written story, and it's pretty outdated. I wrote it just before I came into med-school (which is 5 years ago) but I happened to reread it today and I think you'll love the plot. It needs minor changes but I can do that in the lectures. It's a lot easier than writing a whole new chapter. And back then I was (still am) obsessed with the whole idea of Navya-Darshan so I happened to write one too many stories with them in it so I'll let the name stay stay same cuz changing it will be too much work. Plus they're my babies so...*shrugs*

Also, I didn't know what to name the story so I named it after my most favourite some from the album.

Lastly, this is your Nash with hopes that you'll at least like what lies in this story! I looooove you all.