~ loving can hurt? ~

She literally had to force herself to come here, despite her will. She was still mad at him, and no matter now much she tried to pacify herself, it wouldn't go away. She was doing this just for her bestfriend, otherwise she had no interest in being anywhere close to the man who occupied her mind all day and night. The only difference was that for the past few days, all the thoughts she was getting about him were infuriating her to no end. 

Taking a deep breath, she finally found the strength to step into the house, while continuously praying that she doesn't run into him. Just her luck that it was the weekend, and this almost-fiance of hers had next to no social life, so he must be lurking around somewhere in the house. 

She kept taking small, careful steps through the house, peeping into the rooms and corridors to make sure that the coast was clear. Once satisfied that he wasn't anywhere on the ground floor, she began climbing up the stairs to go to Mimi's room. 

As she turned the corner, she stopped in her tracks seeing a body in front of her, pacing down the stairs. 

He stopped when he looked at her too. Being just one step above her, he made sure he gave her a nice look from top to bottom, before standing up straight and crossing his arms on his chest. Umeed pursed her lips, looking anywhere but at him. She had one of her eyebrows raised, and a stern expression on her face to let him know that she was in no mood of talking to him. 

"Jee farmaiye, kesay aana hua?"

"Aap se milnay nahi aayi, fikar mat karein."

"Aisi koi khushfehmi mujhe thi bhi nahi."

"Honi bhi nahi chahiye thi. Ab rasta dein mujhe, Mimi ke paas jaana hai mujhe."

"Mimi ki tabyat kharab hai, wo rest kar rahi hai, behtar hai aaj na hi milein us se."

"Us ki tabyat nahi kharab, wo udaas hai. Baat karni hai mujhe us se."

He furrowed his eyebrows at this. 

"Wo udaas kyun ho gi? Agar koi baat hoti to wo mujh se share karti."

Umeed rolled her eyes at him.

"Har baat insaan apnay bhaiyon se nahi kar sakta, aur aap jesay bhai se to koi kya hi emotions share karay ga. Kuch baatein insaan apnay doston se karta hai."

Farjaad put on a strong face, not showing the hurt he felt on "aap jesay bhai". He tried to brush it away as something she blurted out in her anger, but it only added on to the negative thoughts he had already been getting. 

"Ab agar aap ki interrogation ho gayi ho, to rasta chordein please."

She took a step further, trying to pass from his right side, just for him to take a step towards the right to stop her. 

"Aur agar na choron, to?"

Any other time, any other circumstance and Umeed would've taken this as playful flirting, but she knew very well that Farjaad genuinely did not want her in his house at that time. The poker face resting on his face was a further proof of this. 

"Farjaad kya masla hai, hattein rastay se!"

"Yehi to masla hai, chah kar bhi tum se rasta judaa nahi kar sakta. Jahan bhi jaata hoon, saamnay tum hi khari milti ho."

It was Umeed's turn to be hurt by his words and unlike him she wasn't that good at hiding her emotions. 

"Aap mujh se rasta judaa karna chahtay hein?"

Farjaad looked straight into her eyes, not missing the hurt evident in them. He gulped, feeling guilty at the words that left his mouth. 

Looking away, he simply took two steps back and motioned for her to pass. Umeed did not need to be told twice. If she stood there any longer, she would break down into tears.