Prologue

Stars. They are tiny little dots in the night sky, Which sometimes interest people. Some plan dates around the stars, And others simply gaze at them to relax after a long day. How are stars so interesting to people when the stars are surrounded by an ocean of black? The way some people talk about how beautiful the stars, the roads, and even the buildings, are at night makes the night seem more interesting anyone would think right? But to me everything is monotonous. There's no color in the starry sky, nor the roads or buildings.

"Oh how bothersome." Mike groans out loud, finishing his joint, preparing to head back inside to finish the last 4 hours of his shift. Grudgingly dragging his feet back into the store, entering through the back door he then clocks in before going back to the register. "Why do you always seem so devoid of life? Do you hate your job that much?" Sylvia asks. "Nah im just a little bit tired from staying up late this morning." Mike replies hesitantly. "I see, well take over i want to take a break so i can go gaze at the stars in the back. Apparently there will be a meteor shower happening during my break, I'm kind of excited to see it." Sylvia grabs her phone off the counter and heads to the back door to clock out and gaze at the meteor shower.

"Enjoy." The back door slams shut before sylvia hears his voice. "That figures. Oh well." Mike looks at the register to see only one order get taken care of on his break. Kinda slow... hopefully it'll get faster soon so the bodega won't have to close.

Mike begins to wonder what the sky would look like if the ocean of darkness covering most of the cloudless night sky was replaced with different colors, curious as to why people think the dark sky is beautiful. "Excuse me can you help me please?" Mike looks up to see a tall, yet beautiful woman with short hair, dark blue jeans, and a crop top which shows off her midriff. Still in a daze from his thoughts, he looks up and into her stunning light brown eyes. "My a-apologies ma'am, how can i help you?" Mike replies.

"Can i get a number 6 with extra cheese? And 40 dollars on 5 please?" The woman asks.

"Yes ma'am, your food will be ready in 4 minutes."

"Thank you I'll be back in a few." The beautiful woman walks outside the store and towards her car. She begins the process of getting gas into her vehicle, mike staring way too long at her breaks his gaze by turning around and walking towards the kitchen to begin making her food. Before reaching the grill top, a shrilling scream grabs mikes attention and stops him in his tracks, he turns around to see a sight he was not expecting.. a man grabbing the woman by her wrist and attempting to drag her towards a vehicle, a jet black 2009 chrysler with a dangerously dark tint and scratches on the side.

(Story is a work progress and might be subject to unexpected changes, part 1 will be put out sometime in the next month or so)