Audition

"This is it." Wynn said with some formality, their hands on the beaten-up steering wheel. Twenty-two years old and they had finally left home. No more working at the little ice cream shop for eight-fifty an hour. No, now they were headed to the city of angels. Wynn had packed two bags of things they might need for the city and had brought along their cat, Doubt. A somewhat, no not somewhat, a truly obese silver cat with white paws and a white chest, and a white tail tip. He had big green eyes that just begged to be fed food and how could Wynn say no? 

Wynn had listened to him yowl for almost twenty-four hours straight. Well, not straight, there was definitely some breaks in between. But still, for the most part Doubt was irritable and constantly yowling, for attention, to be let out, and obviously for food. "Wynn and Doubt" They cooed at the green eyed ten-year-old cat. "We are going to be big here Doubt. I just know it." Wynn said, voice full of hopes and dreams. The cat responded by pinning his ears back and baring his teeth at his owner. 

Wynn rolled their eyes and patted the cat carrier eliciting another hiss from the enraged feline. "I should have sedated you like my dad said too." Wynn sighed and pulled up to what would be their new home. For the last two years Wynn had busted their behind to make money. Working odd jobs, slaving forty hours a week at that damn ice cream shop. Don't get me wrong Wynn loved (and so did Doubt) ice cream. But after working there for four years, the sugary goodness got old. Wynn Definitely needed a change, and this was just the change they had in mind. 

On their days off, which was Monday, Tuesday and as of lately had been Saturdays; Wynn would sneak away with one of their friends from college and go to some of the Bikini Bars in Wichita. Ivy, Wynn's friend from college was a kindhearted soul to Wynn, but an absolute maneater at heart.  She was also stunning. She was five foot six without her heels and had an absolute banging body. She was lean and toned, and had curves in all the right places, with long, I mean extra-long black hair right above her gym sculpted waist. Her eyes were framed in thick black lashes, and she had electric blue eyes. She was pale and covered in tattoos, up and down her thighs and covering her arms. Ivy was gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. 

Anyway, Ivy had gotten Wynn into dancing with her somedays. Luckily the club Ivy worked at would let Wynn create their own schedule. They also respected Wynn's pronouns. Ivy went by Harley at the club, often wearing her hair in pig tails, or even wearing blonde wigs. Wynn, because of Ivy's name called themselves Poison Ivy. That and Wynn had bright red kinky curls. 

Wynn was taller than Ivy, at about five foot seven without their heels. Wynn wasn't as toned and muscular as Ivy. But Wynn made up in natural curves, Wynn has pale white skin and honey brown eyes, and the biggest, fluffiest red curls you'd ever see. They had full lips and high cheek bones and thick ginger lashes. Wynn despite being non-binary was ridiculously curvy in their opinion. Wynn was pear shaped, with smaller breasts and wide birthing hips, full thighs and long legs. Though Wynn wasn't a fan of being so feminine, it did get them quite a bit of attention at the clubs they worked at. 

Wynn smiled at the thought of Ivy and the club in Wichita, and then grabbed Doubt's cat carrier. "I will put you in the apartment bathroom and then grab my bags." Wynn grunted with effort to pick up the twenty-one-pound cat. "I really need to put you on a damn Nordic tract." Wynn huffed with effort and found the apartment about a ten-minute walk later. "I should've parked closer Doubt" Wynn said as they opened the door to their new abode. 

High walls, hard wood floors and a cute open window with a view of the pool. Palm trees everywhere and the temperature was ninety degrees with a breeze. Wynn quickly grabbed their two bags out of the trunk of their rusted red Toyota Camry. Two oversized black suitcases with some patches on the sides. Of course, they forgot their duffel bag. Wynn stomped their feet back to the car, sweat beading on their brow.