Chapter 27

"I think it's been well over a week."

Even though no subject was mentioned, it was clearly understood who it was.

'Jimin. It's Jimin again, isn't it?'

All Sofia could do was fiddling with her fingertips as she watched her owner's face.

'Jimin, why isn't this girl coming?'

Taehyung had been pestering the maidservants ever since Jimin went on vacation asking when she was coming back. Several times a day he would ask how long it has been since Jimin went. Whenever that happened, the maids were nervous that he might hit them.

Because lately, his mood was getting worse, especially every time he mentioned Jimin. By the time a week had passed, he seemed to have grown colder. The tone was much lower than usual, and the twisted tone really showed his displeasure. At this rate, if Jimin didn't come back, he was about to punish them all.

Taehyung's cold impression was even more intimidating. Sofia opened her mouth very carefully.

"...... Yes. I'm sure she'll come back soon."

"Did something happen?"

"......I don't know."

How could she possibly know? Sofia only glanced at her master's face.

"I think it's a little late. Who was the last person to see Jimin?"

"I heard the maid saw her."

Taehyung closed his eyes tiredly. Then he opened his mouth, pressing his temples with his fingertips.

"Go get the maid."

"Yes, sir."

Sofia came out as if she had been waiting and called for the maid. Just being in the room was suffocating.

A few moments later, the maid came into the office. She had seen him since he was a child, and before she could politely greet him, Taehyung opened his mouth first.

"You saw Jimin before she left?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Didn't she talk about where she went or when she was coming?"

The maid blinked her eyes, as if she was trying to remember that time.

"At that time, I handed over the money that the master gave me to Jimin. She refused to accept it until the last minute."

"Was there anything strange?"

"The only thing that might be a little strange is that she thanked me.  She's always been grateful until now, but at that time she sounded like I'm going to retire and she won't see me anymore...."

The maid finished the story with a curious tilt of her head, but Taehyung didn't say anything. In a more subdued atmosphere, the maid was creeping around and he burst into laughter. But the end of the laugh was strangely chilling.

"Master is an outrageous man. Very outrageous. ...... outrageous.."

Taehyung remembered vividly the expression on Jimin's face at that moment.

Her breath was unstable and rough, she couldn't even finish her sentence properly. Her eyes were wet with tears showing resentment and disappointment without filtration.

His breathing was so unsteady that he could not even exchange a word. His eyes were moist and teary, and his resentment and disappointment were evident in his eyes. It seemed like a look on the face of a dog that was acting hard right before it bit him and ran away.