Midnight Stroll

Jeze was waiting near Door 3 for Thad to show up. He had a bag slung over his back, containing a lil surprise. However, the surprise wasn't on his mind. Far from it.

He was in a dilemma, to say the least. Those repair nanites that had shown up were so.. Strange. It made him wonder if he was actually a Worker Drone at all, because as far as he knew, they didn't have repair nanites. That dilemma happened to hit him as he had been reviewing the memory files of the fight last night, and he also felt frustrated on how he forgot about thinking about those repair nanites in the first place. Then again, drones were designed to be similar to humans, and forgetting stuff was a human quirk.. But damn.

Back to his dilemma of potentially being a different kind of drone now, Jeze. No more distracting thoughts.

It was really weird to think about not being a Worker Drone. After all, he'd believed that he was one in his whole lifetime. JC Jenson would never waste repair nanites on a Worker Drone either, no matter what. It was just.. So weird. Why did he have repair nanites? That Physics Engine was also not normal, now that he thought of it. Otherwise no one would've ever died, and he felt very dumb for not having realised that earlier.

Maybe his parents would've known. He remembered what they'd told him when he grew older- That he'd been adopted. Yeah, that pulled in a good few weeks of adoption jokes from his friends. 

They'd said that they had been scouring the surface when they stumbled across his 8 year old self crying his core away. It took a few months after that before he was suited for drone society again, because his memory files were too damaged at the time. It was also why he couldn't remember anything before the age of 9, he figured. It was a strange oddity of his life that was never solved.

He'd originally tried hard to solve that mystery, to the point of almost sneaking out of the doors once. He got grounded for a month after that. It was probably after that that he lost interest regarding his own past. Now though, he was quite sure that his past might hold the key to what he was. 

"Hey teach! I'm here, as you said", said Thad out of the blue, making Jeze jump. He regained his composure, fake coughing and turning back to him.

"You sure took your time.", Jeze lamented, staring down the younger student. Thad chuckled nervously, tugging on the strap of the railgun.

"Yeah.. I kinda had to go around a couple of older Drones. Y'know how the curfew is with us, yeah?", Thad replied. Jeze understood what Thad meant. Drones had gone missing as of late in their colony, and while Jeze didn't understand how a Drone could go missing in a bunker of all things, but no one else seemed to question it. Some students had gone missing as well, apparently, including one of the students from the 11th year batch had gone missing as well. It was a bit creepy if he were to be honest.

"Let's just go meet Uzi.", Jeze stated, hauling his bag over his shoulder heftily. 

It was time to meet an angsty teen and her mass murdering partner. Hopefully V wouldn't be there.

. . .

V was there.

He'd suggested that they'd scare the screen lights out of Uzi. Thad backed out despite Jeze assuring him that he'd take the blame in the (hopefully)unlikely event that Uzi tried to kill one of them. 

They'd been spying, waiting for N to disappear. Uzi was already inside(N wasn't really discreet about that), so they just had to pop their head in and scare the screen lights outta Uzi there. And N- Hopefully he didn't shoot them, but he doubted N would do that in front of Uzi. And so Jeze was climbing the rungs of the pod slowly. He looked down, seeing no one. He did catch the end of a conversation though.