Ep 1: The Sidekick

~~~~~~No one PoV~~~~~~~

Within the crevasses of a canyon, Sonic pursues his arch-nemesis Dr. Eggman who is trying to escape in his eggmobile.

"Sonic: You can't lose me, Egghead!"

"Dr. Eggman: Eggman! you know my name is Dr. Eggman. You do that on purpose.''

"Sonic: Do what, Egghead?"

The chase continues, but Sonic is eventually forced to stop, teetering on the edge of a cliff.

"Sonic: Whoa!

Sonic manages to get back to safety. The camera zooms out to reveal Dr. Eggman way up above.

''Dr. Eggman: It all ends here, old friend. Prepare to be destroyed by Burnbot''

The pair enters a corkscrew-shaped mineshaft where Dr. Eggman summons his Burnbot to destroy Sonic.

"Sonic: He's gonna burn me with flamethrowers or something?"

"Dr.Eggman: Flamethrower? No..."

"Sonic: Oh, um... acid? Incendiary Grenades?"

"Dr. Eggman: No, no ,no, no, no... Claws. he has claws, very painful claws.''

"Sonic: Then you should have called him Clawbot or then Lacerator or pinch-a-tron 9,000. But Burnbot? I mean, that's just false advertising...''

Eggman was getting mad at Sonic.

""Dr. Eggman: I name the robots, Sonic. Burnbot Attack!"

Burnbot jumps down and starts speeding towards Sonic. Sonic runs in the same direction, keeping directly across from Burnbot. Overhead, Tails flies by in his plane.

"Tails: Blue Leader, this is Yellow Sky. I have eyes on Burnbot. He's on the move! Over.''

"Sonic: Thanks, Tails. Initiate ".Speeding swing surprise"

Tails dives his plane into the canyon, sending Eggman into a spin. Tails activates his Enerbeam. Sonic and Burnbot leap at each other as the scene goes into slow motion. Tails fly by, throwing the beam to Sonic. Sonic catches the beam, swings around on it, and delivers a kick to Burnbot, launching him into the canyon wall. Sonic lands on the canyon floor across from Burnbot. Eggman flies down.

''Dr. Eggman: Get up, get up, get up!''
Burnbot climbs to its feet, then notices Tails' plane flying overhead. It fires one of its claws at the plane, damaging the wing. The plane goes into a spin.

''Sonic: Bail, Tails, bail!''

Tails pulls the eject lever, only for it to break off in his hand. Sonic prepares to rush to help but is cut off by Burnbot. Sonic dodges one of Burnbot's claws and then sees a large rock poised over it. Sonic jumps over another of Burnbot's attacks and spins into the rock, dropping it on Burnbot. Sonic leaps up to the top of the canyon.

''Sonic: Tails, no!"

Tails' plane crashes to the ground and explodes. Sonic looks on in shock, then races over.

''Dr. Eggman: We'll be back, Sonic!''

Eggman activates an electromagnet to pick up Burnbot.

''Dr. Eggman: Oof, you are heavy. Seriously, Burnbot, you could stand to burn a few calories.''

Eggman flies off with Burnbot. Sonic pulls Tails out of the wrecked plane, puts him on the ground, and listens at his chest. A heartbeat confirms that Tails is still alive. Sonic looks relieved.