Chapter four

I was getting ready for my first meeting with this
cosmetics label. This label is a very well known company and is also known for helping lots of people start their cosmetic businesses. For some background information, I went to a 4 year university and took the proper business classes I was required to take. Once I graduated I went to cosmetology school and did what I needed to do, got the license and all. Now I am just trying to get in touch with the right people so that I can get my business going. I have the plan I just need the platform.

I looked at myself one more time before leaving out for my meeting.

I'm extremely nervous but I'm so ready

I'm extremely nervous but I'm so ready. I got into my car and drove to the building. I parked in front of the building a guy walked up to my car, he was just a valet man. "Hello, can I get your name, number and car keys here please?". I wrote my name and number down and handed him my keys, he then gave me a slip then I proceeded to walk into the building. My heart was racing. The inside is huge and busy, all I see is people everywhere. This is how I want my work to look one day. Have my own building, my own office, my own everything. On some Kylie Jenner type shit.
I walked up to the front desk, "Hi, how can I help?" the lady asked me. "Hello I have a meeting with George Centals" I said. She began typing on the computer. "Name?" She asked. "Adeya Stone" I stated. "Okay I see you right here you can wait in the lobby for your name to be called" she told me. I took a seat and patiently waited. 5 minutes later my name was called. I was sitting in a conference room with 3 other people waiting for George. Though, my mind kept racing..what if they didn't like me? What is so special and different about me that they would want to help me? I hate being negative but its like my mind just goes there sometimes. As I was in my thoughts the door opened. "Miss Stone, glad you could make it" George spoke. I stood up to shake his hand, "Yes of course. And please call me Adeya" I said.

The first 5 minutes were smooth. I was telling them my story on what made me want to start my own company and things like that.

"And so you made a few products yes?" asked George. "Yes, well I had help of course but the ideas were mostly mine" I spoke. "Did you bring any?" someone from his team spoke. I nodded and reached into my bag. "This is a simple foundation me and my workers came up with" I started. "and this is a lip gloss I created a while back". I placed the products on the table. There was a loud but comfortable silence while they were examining my work. "I have a room in my apartment where we come up with our work. It's full of other makeup products we tested." I spoke. "Has this lipgloss been used?" A lady asked. "No I made sure I brought a new one in case it wanted to be used" I said with a smile. She then opened it and put some onto her lips. "Oh wow" she started, "It's very smooth, smells nice too". I smiled. "What was used for it?" George spoke. I then reached into my bag and got the papers for the foundation and lip gloss which included what was inside and how it was made. They all looked at it and was incredibly silent, I just looked. The meeting lasted for another 10 minutes. "Okay Adeya, that concludes this meeting my team will reach out to you within 1-2 weeks. Do you have any questions?" George said. "No and thank you so much" I said while shaking everyone's hand.

I was now home and laying down in bed. My phone rang and I looked at the screen and saw Mike was calling.
"Hey" I said.

"Wassup how'd your meeting go" he asked

"I think it went well, I showed them 2 products so I'm hoping that was enough"

"I'm sure they loved it" he said.
I smiled

"They said they would get back to me in 1 or 2 weeks so we'll see"

"Well Im proud of you" he stated

"Thanks Michael"

"So I have a question" he said.

"Okay"

"Tomorrow Jay Z is throwing this party, it's plus one sooo would you-"

"YES" I said.

"Damn I couldn't even finish" he said in a laugh.