one

choi taeyang

choi taeyang took a deep breath to savor the fresh air, after being in the plane for 13 whole hours. he spent the last year abroad in hong kong, and was now more than happy to see the familiar landscape of his home country again.

'i'm back', he quietly smiled to himself and proceeded to look for his aunt and his cousin jiung, who were supposed to pick him up after he had arrived back in korea.

even though his friends were trying to convince him to stay, his desire to escape the familiarity of his surroundings was stronger, and so he left for hong kong on an exchange program a year ago.

taeyang was lucky to be born into a somewhat wealthy family to be able to afford all of the expenses, though it came with the downside of his parents being busy all the time and barely spending time with their only son. despite all of these circumstances, taeyang is still grateful to them because they raised him with love and are still trying to keep up with him every now and then.

currently, both of his parents were on a business trip somewhere in europe yet again, so his aunt offered to let him stay at their house for the time being, which the boy gladly accepted. aside from that, he was quite close with his cousin jiung, so he saw no downsides with his decision of staying with them.

he was scanning the airport parking lot for his two relatives, when he heard his name being called from behind. "taeyang!", a familiar voice shouted. before he could turn around to look for the owner of the voice calling out for him, his one and only cousin practically threw himself onto him from the side. "taeyang! i missed you so much, man", jiung grinned at him. "we literally text everyday, you missed my face that much?", taeyang joked and turned to his left to embrace his aunt as well, who had been watching the reunion of the two with a loving smile.

"ah taeyang my dear, how much you have grown since i last saw you", she muffled into his shoulder while holding him tight in her arms. "have you been eating enough? i feel like you've gotten skinnier from before you left. are you skipping meals? you know that you need all of those nutrients to grow", the older woman rambled, to which taeyang replied with a small giggle. "aunt mijoo, i've been eating enough. i even made sure to have my three meals everyday",her nephew told her. "you really don't have to worry that much", he assured her with a little grin.

"let's head home now, shall we?", his aunt said, "i still have to prepare dinner for you two after all."

during the ride back home, taeyang was drowned in questions by his aunt about what his life abroad was like. eventually, he managed to escape her waves of questions with the excuse that he was tired from his long journey. understanding his exhaustment, she backed down with her curiosity and let him wind down. grabbing his headphones from his pocket, taeyang plugged them into his phone, before he drifted off into his dreams.

the melody of space by the poles greeted him when he awoke from dreamland. two hours had passed, and familiar buildings were now in sight.

taeyang's attention now shifted from the view to his phone, which he hasn't checked on since he had landed earlier. airplane mode was still enabled, and it eventually slipped his mind to announce his arrival to his friends. upon turning on his data, messages from the group chat were instantly floating his phone. there must have been at least 800 messages, which were his friends straying from topic to topic. however, before he could read through any of those, his presence in the chatroom was soon noticed.

p1h˖ ‧₊˚٩(ˊˋ*)و

steph jeff
OMG GUYS GUYS GUYS TAEYANG IS ONLINE??????
WELCOME BACK MY SUN MY ONE AND ONLYYYY

seobjong goblin
you're back already????

babysoul
you've arrived in korea taeyang ? ヽ(*⌒▽⌒*)ノ

taki taki
TAEYANG IS BACK WHAT
WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING YOU HOE

steph jeff
woah there mind your language sir there are kids in the chat

taki taki
why you acting like you didn't just curse the shit out of a random streetlight just bc you lost your stupid phone charm

steph jeff
WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE IT WASN'T A SPECIAL EDITION KUROMI PHONE CHARM
BESIDES I WAS MATCHING WITH TAEYANG OKAY
I WAS FEELING LIKE A HOUSEWIFE WAITING FOR HER HUSBAND'S RETURN FROM THE ARMY WITH THE ONLY THING REMINDING HER OF HIM IS HER RING
EXCEPT IT WAS MY PHONE CHARM OKAY

seobjong goblin
guys why don't we calm down a bit first

babysoul
yeah guys no need to argue here
go sort your anger out somewhere else (ˇヘˇ)
and for the record me and seob are not babies anymore!! (`Д')
right seob??

taki taki
whatever makes you sleep at night shota

steph jeff
MY SON WHO BRAINWASHED YOU
BTW TAEYANG WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING ANYTHING I CAN SEE THAT YOU'RE ONLINE??????

seobjong goblin
yeah why you only reading not replying tae

babysoul
seob you wanna grab pizza later?(.❛ ᴗ ❛.)

taki taki
isn't jongseob at yours today?? can't you just talk to each other???

seobjong goblin
sure let's do that
yeah i am but he's texting from the toilet..
i'm in his room atm

steph jeff
btw guys where is jiung????

taki taki
i thought he went to go pick tae up with his mom?
didn't he say something like that??

steph jeff
oh right
sorry~

seobjong goblin
you should go check for dementia old man

steph jeff
EXCUSE ME YOUNG MAN
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

taki taki
iirc he was studying for a test next week
soooo he's prob asleep ig

however, before taeyang could reply to any of the text messages, his aunt announced that they had arrived at their destination. mentally noting that he should reply to them later, he got out of the car to wake up jiung. even though he had a late night study session, he still insisted on accompanying his mom to the airport to pick up his favorite (and only) cousin.

"dear, could you wake up jiung? i'll go ahead to cook dinner for us, so make sure to lock the car once you've brought everything inside", mijoo told him. taeyang replied with a quick 'sure', while he was getting off.

unaware of the fact that jiung was leaning onto the car door to sleep, taeyang went ahead and ripped open the passenger door. "WAKE UP! WE HAVE ARRI- AH!" taeyang was greeted with the weight of his cousin falling onto him, before the two boys fell to the ground.

despite being half asleep, he cursed his cousin out for waking him in the most unpleasant way ever. "ARE YOU NUTS? YOU COULD'VE JUST KNOCKED ON THE WINDOW?"

"sorry~", taeyang apologized and gave him a teasing grin.

30 minutes had passed and the two cousins finally managed to carry taeyang's suitcases upstairs (jiung genuinely believed that he brought bricks with him). they were now standing inside the guest room which taeyang would be occupying for the next four weeks. breathing out soundly, jiung excused himself to help his mother prepare dinner and left his cousin to unpack his belongings.

-

hello everyone ! after a long long break from this story and from wattpad in general, i finally decided to (hopefully) continue to work on this story ! tbh a lot has changed since a year ago when i first started writing this book, like i got a summer job and everything and made my first ever big purchase with my own money (my ipad air that i very much love), i got a new phone and i turned 18 not too long ago it still feels surreal... anyway i still can't guarantee consistent updated though cs of school stuff so let's just hope for the best lol