Chapter five: Picking her up

I was woken up by the loud shriek of my alarm, signaling the start of my tired morning. The sudden and loud awakening spooked me, and I almost slammed my hand on the alarm again in frustration. But I managed to hold myself back, instead gently turning off the alarm. I take my usual time to let my body go into a period of acceptance that I'm awake, so when I get up I don't immediately get dizzy. I get up and head to the bathroom, handling my business and getting ready for the day. Brushing my teeth, styling my hair. I pulled the honey-blond strands back and clamped a hair clip on them so they didn't fall all over the place. Then I washed my face, dried my face then exited the bathroom.

When I step into the living room, I'm greeted by the usual cool gray tone shrouding the space since the sun isn't quite up yet. The roads, sidewalks, and shops were still empty of human life. I go to my coffee maker, load in the coffee, my favorite coffee creamer which was the glazed donut flavor one, and sugar. The burnt smell slowly filled the house as the coffee maker turned on and heated up. During that time, I decided to clean up a bit. Sweeping and cleaning some things around the kitchen and living room. I have to have some standards, you know? Just as I threw away a random piece of junk mail, the faint ding of the coffee maker echoed through the living room.

I waltz over to the kitchen, get out my rainbow coffee mug, and pour my unhealthy drink in. I sipped on it as I watched the time change from 6:52 to 6:53. I brought the mug with me to my room, taking one more sip as I took out clothes for today. The clothes I chose to wear was comfortable clothing, ensuring better movement in case I got into a chase. I put on a T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. Throwing on a plaid- red and blue button jacket. I take the final few gulps of my coffee before walking into the kitchen and putting it into the sink. I grab my purse, wallet, phone, and keys and head out the door. But before bidding farewell to Huey, who was lounging on the couch.

I hop into my car, which still had that new car smell, the seats still cold, and the windows still spotless. I pull out of my garage, pulling out my phone to check my notes and make sure I'm driving to the correct address. I told her I was picking her up, so if she's not ready that's her fault. "2810 Alexander Street... OK," I mumble to myself as I drive down the street. She wasn't far from me, 15 minutes at best. As I pull into her street I look for the address. I finally found it after a little, 2810 being a beige house, just like she said. I parked the car, getting looks, which I loved. I'm rich and you're not. I walk up to her door, knocking silently, so as to not disturb anyone. About 5 minutes after my third knock, the pitter-patter of footsteps can be heard from the inside.

The door swung open and revealed the familiar excited face. "Hii~!!! So sorry, can you give me a few more minutes?" She says to me, clearly out of breath. I sigh and look away, contemplating my words. I look back at her, who I caught looking me up and down. "I guess..." I say hesitantly. She smiled, "Great, wanna come in until then? I won't be long I promise" She says to me as she moves to the side to let me in. I walked in, taking a seat on her couch as she ran off back to her room. I took this time to look around, the house full of bright colors and decorations. Which was...fine? I guess. I heard the heavy patter of paws scurry across the floor and my eyes looked in that direction. Which revealed a small and hyper house dog coming straight for me. The sight shocked me and knocked me back to my seat, the dog skidding to a stop and jumping on top of me. "H-Hey get off! H-Hey- MADELINE COME GET YOUR DOG!" I scream out, holding the dog by its scruff as Madeline comes rushing out.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," She says, trying not to smile as she takes the dog away. I could tell she was trying not to laugh, which made me look away. Do you find my misery amusing? I sigh and finally look at her. She looked okay, in casual clothes which made her look small. I internally smile at my height superiority. "Ready to go?" I ask her, standing up and dusting myself off, trying to get rid of all the dog hair. Madeline grabbed her purse, and her notes and trotted to the door. "Yup! I'm ready"