❀ night raven college.

ELYSIAN chapter one.
ashazull

┊┊❁ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚   °

the halls of the college were filled with the hustle bustle of students, eagerly chattering amongst themselves in anticipation. they all donned the same robes — a pitch black cloak with a hood, decorated with intricate gold designs. an ornate jade mirror stood in the centre of the hall, with a tall, masked man standing just before it. to any normal person in the outside world, this would've surely looked like a cult ready to elect its newest members. 

alas, this was just the night raven college's orientation ceremony.

"settle down, my dear students!" cried dire crowley. this man, believe it or not, was the principal of this prestigious academy. which begs the question, was the head of such a renowned school really unable to get teenagers to listen to him? the answer is yes.

the sounds of people shifting on their feet and the rustle of their robes echoes in the large chamber, and the distinct chatter grows louder with excitement and suspense. amidst all this, a decently tall figure pushes through the crowd, trying to look over the heads of people to find a good place to stand. with a sigh, they finally stopped at a small space that wasn't as cramped as the others. they glanced at the figure next to them looking straight head, waiting for his turn.

they nudged the said figure, who with a blink, turned his head to look at them. they could see his face clearly now. he was really pretty, they realized with a jolt. damn, were all the people here models or something? rumors weren't lying when they said you had to have a pretty face to get into night ravens.

"hey," they said with a cheeky smile. "paying close attention isn't gonna make your turn come faster, you know. by the way — my name's briar. nice to meet you."

the taller boy just blinked at them, before his eyes narrowed ever so slightly. "that isn't what i was trying to do.. well, never mind that. jamil viper," he introduced himself. now that they could see his face clearly, he had upturned eyes smeared with kohl, and eyes just as black as his eye makeup. they were enchanting, to the point that briar thought they could get lost in them. they could see gold ornaments braided into his hair, shining with the very limited amount of light in the room.

and with that, jamil twisted his head back to look at the mirror once again. 'i guess that's a good start for making friends?' briar thought weakly as a small smile eases its way up on their lips. they didn't mind how closed off everyone seemed to be, but they didn't expect it either.

prior to running into jamil, they had wandered around looking for people they could actually talk to. they had met a boy their height with floppy hyena ears who seemed to be on guard for some reason. his head was always moving as he looked around almost frantically, searching for something.

'he looks more interested in the people than in the ceremony? interesting.' briar had though as they observed the beastman. before they could step up and strike up a conversation with him, the hyena boy had scurried away and disappeared amongst the large group of students. 

the ceremony continued uneventfully, the dorm leaders introducing themselves and the significance of their dorms. briar didn't like any of them. they all had a weirdly stuck up attitude, and they knew they wouldn't be friends with any of them at first glance.

the heartslabyul head was very outgoing, and the savanaclaw and pomefiore dorm heads were quite good looking, according to briar. the ignihyde head was a recluse just like his students, they had no comment about the octavinelle and scarabia heads, and the diasomnia head hadn't even showed up.