3.

It had been a year since that fateful day at the Kumagaya Athletic Stadium when Jun's life took an unexpected turn. The soccer world had witnessed Kira's meteoric rise, while Jun found himself relegated to the bench, his dreams seemingly dashed. Yet, a fiery determination still smoldered within him.

Now, this year's Saitama Prefecture Finals had arrived, an electrifying spectacle drawing soccer enthusiasts from all corners. Matsukaze Kokuo was poised for another shot at glory, but with a changed lineup and a squad that had evolved since Jun's injury.

The stage was set for a colossal showdown against Isagi Yoichi's Ichinan High, a team boasting formidable talent and the enigmatic presence of Isagi himself. The air was thick with anticipation, like the calm before a thunderstorm.

Coach Matsuhashi paced the sidelines, his gap year before university now dedicated to coaching his juniors. His gaze fell upon Jun, haunted by the memory of their penalty shootout loss. Jun watched from the bench, his heart heavy with longing.

Kira, now the team's star player, proudly wore the captain's armband. His prowess on the field had transformed him into Japan's crown jewel, a name that both exhilarated and weighed heavily upon him.

As the referee's whistle pierced the air, the battle commenced. Matsukaze Kokuo and Ichinan High clashed like titans, their movements a mesmerizing dance of skill and strategy. The midfield became a battleground, and the ball zipped between players like a pinball, neither team yielding an inch.

Kira's speed and precision were unparalleled, a comet streaking across the night sky. He orchestrated attacks with finesse that left defenders bewildered. Jun watched from the sidelines, admiration mixed with his longing to return to the field.

Ichinan High, led by Isagi, proved a formidable adversary. His dribbling skills were mesmerizing, and his passes sliced through defenses like a surgeon's scalpel. The match was a spectacle of contrasting styles, each team vying for control.

Matsuhashi bellowed instructions from the sidelines. "Press them hard! Don't give them an inch!"

Kira, with the captain's armband gleaming in the stadium lights, rallied his teammates. "We're Matsukaze Kokuo! We've trained for this moment. Let's show them our strength!"

The stadium reverberated with the intensity of their clash. The crowd roared with every pass, tackle, and near-miss. Jun couldn't help but clench his fists, feeling the tension in the air, even from the sidelines.

Matsukaze Kokuo vs. Ichinan High
1 - 0
83:25

As the minutes ticked away, tension hung in the air like an unasked question. Could Matsukaze Kokuo's determination overcome Ichinan High's finesse? Could Kira lead his team to victory, even in Jun's absence?

Meanwhile, Isagi's mind was locked on Nationals.

'Nationals!' he thought as he whizzed past a defender.

'Nationals!' he thought as he nutmegged another and headed toward the goal.

"Isagi! You can do this. It's our last chance!" Some of his mates cheered from the stands.The forward made his way into the six-yard box. This was it.

"Isagi, over here!" shouted his teammate Tada a few steps to his right. If he passed, they would score and tie the game.

"Remember, Isagi! All for one and one for all!" His coach screamed from the sidelines.

Everyone on the Matsukaze bench watched anxiously.

"If he passes, we're finished!" one substitute cried out.