Chapter 27 - Cry

3rd Person

Mike woke up to the sound of somebody opening the door, and he lifted his head up slightly to see who it was.

"Oh, g'morning Joyce." Mike spoke sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

"Its still night time, Mike." Joyce smiled slightly.

"Oh." Mike muttered.

"How are you feeling?" Joyce asked him, closing the door behind her.

"Horrible." Mike sighed, feeling himself tear up.

"Oh sweetheart.." She frowned, and she pulled Mike into a hug.

Mike began to cry, hiding his face.

"S-Sorry.." He apologized, feeling embarrassed.

"It's okay hunny, just let it out. I'm here for you." She told him, and Mike began bawling.

Joyce sighed and rubbed his back softly, trying to calm him down.

"It's okay, Mike. He will be okay. I promise." She whispered, but her voice was uncertain.

"I'll let you have some time with him.." Mike pulled away, wiping his eyes.

"Thank you." Joyce smiled at him, and Mike walked out.

Joyce sat down next to her son, her eyes pricking with water.

"My baby.. How did I let this happen to you?" She whispered, her hand resting on Will's cheek.

She sniffled a bit, blinking away the tears that were beginning to form.

"I don't know how I am going to continue my life without you.." She continued, her lips trembling.

"I miss you so much, so does everybody." She told the sleeping boy, before beginning to cry.

"Please wake up. Will please.." She pleaded with him, and she grabbed Will's hand.

"Please Will.. I can't live without you." She begged him, and she felt Will's hand tighten around hers.

She looked up at his face, and his eyes were still closed.

"Will, I-I can't see you like this." She told him, and she got up.

She gave him a small kiss on the forehead, and left the room, guilt eating at her stomach.

She saw Mike in the waiting room, his eyes heavy, trying to stop his head from dropping.

"Mike, if you want to go and see him you can." She told him, and he nodded sleepily.

Mike got up and stumbled into Will's room, forgetting to close the door behind him, and sat down next to him.

He looked up at his boyfriend, and he just started crying. That seemed to be all he was doing lately.

"Why did you go..?" Mike whispered.

"Will, please come back. I need you." Mike sobbed, resting his head on Will's chest again.

"Everything is so boring without you. You made everything better." Mike continued, burrying his face into Will's chest.

He stayed like that and continued to cry, until he heard a knock at the door.

Lucas was stood at the door with tear-streaked cheeks, his eyes glistening.

"O-Oh, hi." Mike tried to wipe his tears, and Lucas sighed.

"Having a rough day?" Lucas smiled slightly.

"You could say so." Mike let out a small laugh.

"I'm so sorry, man." Lucas frowned, and Mike's lips trembled.

"I-It isn't your fault.." Mike looked anywhere but the two boys in the room.

"Mike.. You can talk to me. We are both going through the exact same thing. I know what it's like." Lucas pulled a chair up next to Mike, sitting down next to him.

"I-I don't know what's wrong with me. All I do is cry and cry and cry. It's like I can't do anything else.." Mike whispered, his voice breaking.

"That's okay, that's normal to feel that way." Lucas wrapped a comforting arm around Mike.

Mike melted into the hug, his crying getting louder.

"It's okay, just let it out." Lucas spoke gently.

"Sorry.." Mike muttered.

"It's okay, Mike. I know how you feel." Lucas gave Mike a wobbly smile, and Mike sighed.

"Do you think they'll ever come back?" Mike whispered.

"Vecna's dead, so I think so." Lucas spoke firmly, and Mike began to feel a little bit of hope.

"You really think so?" He looked over at the other boy.

"Absolutely." Lucas nodded, and for the first time in what felt like forever, Mike let out a genuine smile.

"I'm gonna go home now, you wanna stay with him?" Lucas pulled away from the hug, and Mike thought for a moment.

"No, I don't want to leave him." Mike told him, and Lucas nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Lucas smiled softly.

"Bye." Mike smiled back.

Lucas gave Mike a small wave, before heading out.

Mike turned back to Will, a new confidence sprouting in him.

"I'm so proud of you." Mike whispered, looking down at his boyfriend.

Mike could almost hear Will say,

'For what?'

"You saved everybody. Without you we would all be gone. I love you so much, I don't deserve you.." Mike smiled sadly, rubbing his thumb against Will's cheek.

He gave Will a gentle kiss on the cheek, before grabbing the blanket he had used last night.

"G'night darling.."

#writersblock 😛

{Word Count: 825}