Homeschooled

just pretend that Mr Humphrey as a Geography teacher
—————————————————————————

'the last lesson,' you cheered to yourself but then realised it was Geography class. Geography used to be an enjoyable subject, but now it seemed like a mix of fun and boredom.

You recalled a particular scene that happened last week ago. 'When will the bell go?' you mumbled to yourself while discreetly glancing at your watch. Mr Humphrey continued his lecture about students and their behavior, leaving you pondering, 'Is this even Geography class?' You murmured it under your breath, hoping that Mr Humphrey wouldn't hear.

However, he did catch your words and inquired, 'What did you say, Mr. L/n?' you looked at Mr Humphrey and repeated, 'Is this even Geography class? You're not even teaching anything.' Mr Humphrey response was swift and firm 'Detention.'

You remained firm in your seat, exclaiming, 'How? I didn't do anything.' Mr Humphrey pointed at you and emphasized, 'You do not talk back to the teacher. End of discussion.' Annoyed, you shook your head, putting that scene aside as you continued. Walking into the classroom, you noticed Player texting someone in his phone. 'Hey,' he said. 'Hi,' you replied, taking a seat next to him." You let out a sigh and muttered, "We have Geography," resting your head on the table. Player chuckled and asked, "What's wrong with Geography?" You replied, "It's Mr. Humphrey," with a hint of exasperation.

"Well, I like Geography," Player said, texting on his phone. You shook your head and leaned over to him, saying, "You won't get it." He looked at you, phone in hand, and asked, "Why?"

You met his gaze, feeling a mix of emotions, and explained, "Mr. Humphrey is a pain." Player laughed but also offered a comforting presence that made you smile. However, an unexpected thought crossed your mind, and you looked down, trying to come up with an excuse. "Do you remember what I told you?" you asked, taking out your notebook and a pencil. He looked startled and admitted, "Oh, I forgot." You smiled at him and said, "Don't worry about it; here's one of my notebooks." He seemed pleased, saying, "Thanks." You replied, "No problem."

Just then, Mr. Humphrey entered and instructed everyone to settle down. The lesson was soon interrupted by two individuals with red hair who assumed to be siblings. One of them commented, "Oh yeah, this place is crawling with them." Mr. Humphrey turned his attention to them, smiling oddly, and replied, "If you mean students, well, of course. This is a classroom."

The man seemed to be observing something, while the lady mentioned, "We were referring to your infestation." You raised an eyebrow, and Mr. Humphrey looked puzzled, asking, "Infestation of?" The lady hesitated and said, "Termites," but the man contradicted with, "Bees."

As the siblings continued to say opposite things, you mumbled, "Hmm," noticing the inconsistencies. Player also took notice and commented, "Whoa, they're not kidding." Mr. Humphrey's attention shifted to Player, who stood up and said, "Termites and bees are all over the internet." Mr. Humphrey promptly ordered everyone to evacuate.

You looked at Player and suggested, "We should go out." He agreed, saying he needed to use the bathroom and grabbing his bag. You rushed to your class, the lady was talking to Mr. Humphrey about the evacuation. You saw Player who seemed to be engaged in a conversation with them, so you didn't think much of it.

While waiting for the bus, you realized Player was missing. You assumed his parents had picked him up. When you got home, you hurriedly texted him, "Hey, why weren't you on the bus?" He read the message but didn't respond immediately, which you found a bit rude.

Player POV
Player pondered, "What should I tell him? I can't just say, 'Hey, I'm not going back to school.' I need proof." Eventually, an idea struck me, and I texted back, "Hey, y/n, I'm not going back to school. My parents totally freaked out hearing about the news, so they decided I should be homeschooled."

Your POV
You received Player's text and responded with a simple, "Oh." He asked, "Hey, are you okay?" You replied, "Yeah, I'm fine. No need to worry," accompanied by a smile emoji. Player wasn't convinced and commented, "You don't seem alright. Do you want to come over?"

You were surprised by the invitation but agreed, texting back, "Are you sure?" Player reassured you with a thumbs-up emoji and suggested, "Yeah, come over." Excited, you grabbed your phone and headed downstairs, informing your mom that you were going to Player's house. She agreed, with the condition that you return by dinner.

Player's mom greeted you when you arrived at their house, and you explained that Player had invited you over. She allowed you inside and directed you to his room. You knocked, and Player opened the door, welcoming you inside.

"Hey," he said, and you replied with a friendly, "Hi." You noticed he was tracking someone on his screen. Suddenly you heard someone calling, and Player's response was, "Not a right time." The voice sounded oddly familiar, like the man who had inspected the class. Then, the person on the video call exclaimed, "Is that your girlfriend? Let me see!" It was so loud that it caused you discomfort, and you reflexively covered your ears. Player looked apologetic, saying, "Sorry," before returning his attention to the screen.

He clarified, "No, that's not my girlfriend; he's just a friend," and motioned for you to come closer. "This is my friend," he introduced you to the people inspecting the class.

You smiled and waved, saying, "Hi, I'm y/n." The woman and the man on the video call looked at you and seemed to recognize you. The man commented, "Woah, you're that kid who sits next to Player." You responded with an awkward smile, confirming, "Yeah."

Player noticed your discomfort and asked, "Are you okay?" You reassured him with a nod and replied, "Yeah, I'm fine." The man noticed you and Player were talking and remarked, "Oh, you have a boyfriend? That's fine." In response, Player promptly shut his computer, apologizing, "Sorry about them." You reassured him with a calm, "It's fine."

Both of you were blushing deeply, your thoughts racing. You thought, "No way, I have a crush on Player? I was always interested in girls." Player, on the other hand, pondered, "I can't have a crush on him. I'm a boy, he's a boy – we can't have a relationship."

"What should we do?" Player looked at you, his uncertainty mirrored in your expression. "I don't know," you admitted. Player then suggested, "Do you want to design something?" You agreed with a nod and replied, "Sure." as the day went on, you both enjoyed designing stuff (I don't know 😭) However, you received a message from your mom, telling you to come home. You told Player you had to leave but offered to help him if he needed anything. He nodded, and you left his room, heading downstairs.

You met Player's dad, exchanged greetings, and said goodbye to Player's mom. She even suggested a sleepover, but you declined, citing your mom's mood. As you left Player's house and headed home.