Chapter Four: Hospital.

• HARRY •

I sprint into the hospital, still tightly hanging onto Jasmine's hand. She easily keeps up with me, surprisingly, even with our noticeable height difference.

I don't know why I wanted her to come. I just felt like it would be better of she did... I don't know. I felt as if I needed her to be with me. To help me.

I was still crying as I made my way to the reception desk.

"Anne Cox." I said quickly.

The woman nodded, looking bored as she tapped the keyboard. I was beginning to lose patience.

"Can you hurry up?" I snapped. Jasmine squeezed my hand lightly, comforting me with the simple gesture.

The woman glowered, not appreciating my attitude, as she grumbled, "floor 2, room 147."

I nodded, hastily pulling Jasmine along with me as I ran to the lift (A/N: elevator if you're American :)). Hitting the button several times, I wiped my tears with my free hand.

"That won't make it come faster, Harry." Jasmine said, pulling my hand away from the lift button. I realised I'd previously let go of her, hurriedly gripping her hand again, feeling its warmth.

At last it arrived, Jasmine and I entering the empty space. I pressed the button for the second floor, breathing heavily as I prepared myself to see my Mum.

"She's going to be okay." Jasmine said softly, rubbing her thumb over my knuckles.

"You don't know that." I responded harshly.

She didn't answer at first. Then, as I was about to apologise, her lips parted. "I'm trying to help here."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Her hand held mine tightly, the grip intensifying as made out way down the hallway.

I ran up to the door and knocked loudly. A doctor opened it. "Who are you?"

"H-Harry Styles. I'm here to see Anne Cox?"

"Are you a relation?"

"I'm her son."

The doctor nodded, about to let me in when he saw Jasmine. "And she is?"

"M-My girlfriend." I blurt out. Jasmine's beautiful eyes widen for half a second.

"If she's not a relation, I'm sorry, but she will not be able to visit Ms Cox."

I let out a grunt in irritation, about to yell at the doctor, but Jasmine stops me.

"I'll be in the waiting room." She says, gesturing to the adjoining room with chairs and toys for little kids.

"I-I need you." I whisper, staring at out interlocked hands.

She lets go, leaving my palm cold. "You need you see your Mum, not me Harry. I'll be waiting."

She gives me a sympathetic smile, touching my arm and kissing my cheek before turning and walking away. I stare blankly after her for a second, butterflies flooding my stomach. The doctors clearing of his throat caused my head to snap back to him.

"Would you like to see Ms Cox?"

I hesitated, not speaking. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see her or not. What if she was do badly bruised I could identify her properly? What if she wasn't conscious?

I blocked the negative thoughts out; nodded. The doctor led me inside.

*

• JASMINE •