Dreams -1

The view starts from the sky to a road which is filled with the cars and the buses and people are crossing the roads to go to their respective destinations.

A lady wearing heels making a tic tok sound is approaching from the right , putting dark red lipstick having her hair open and putting her full concentration on her phone and she stops near busstop for a sec.

Our main lead "Preeti" is admiring her who is sitting in the busstop and waiting for her bus.

A cab comes and stops near the lady and she gets on the cab and go away.Preeti still keeps looking at the cab.

Her friend who is sitting just beside her looks at the Preeti and asks "what you are looking at?".

"Did you see how nicely she dressed and the way she is carrying herself,I wish I could also be like her one day" Preeti said.

"Why not?You will definitely be .....hmmm
What if your parents marry you off just after graduation?You know we just got two months to finish our graduation."Rina says

"Shubh Shubh bol.Dont you want me to persue higher studies .what kind of friend you are?" Preeti says sadly

"No, No, it's not like that.I want you to achieve your dreams and always stay happy " Rina said smiling with her eyes.

"I want to complete my PG from a top college and then want to go to foreign countries during vacations in my free time"Preeti talks to air.

"Oh! bus "Rina shouts loudly .

They both get on bus and Preeti sits next to window and Rina beside her.Preeti looks outside the window as the bus starts to move away from the busstop where as Rina takes out wired earphones from her bag and put it one in her ears and one in Preeti's ears who was looking outside .

As Rina puts earphones plug in her ears they both smile at each other and Preeti continues to look outside and she sees a boy standing at busstop and saying Hiiii .she looks clearly again and there was no one there.she was imagining him.

"It been 2 years since I saw him ,I wish I could see him again.His apperance would always brighten my day but now I am guessing what he is doing now?."Preeti thought in her mind.

Showing the Preeti's face outside of bus the scene takes it to sky again.

It's evening time and quite dark.

Now Preeti is walking to her home .she reaches her home opens her gate and she sees a dried plant outside of her doorstep.

"Didn't anyone pour water to it? It's all dry" Preeti shouts loudly

"We were waiting for you to do it" her sister comes outside itching her head.

"Come inside and make me some food,I am hungry from afternoon "sister asks in rough tone.

"Can't you cook for yourself ?" Preeti shouts again pouring water to plant.

"I was waiting for you do to it"sister smirks.

She enters the house and she sees her grandmother chanting some mantra holding rudraksh in her hand and her mother stitching clothes on her machine.

Preeti sits in her relaxed position under the fan she closes her eyes and breathes happily.

Her grandmother asks,"When your degree is going to finish?"

"In two months granny, why do you suddenly care about me?"
Preeti asks

"Nothing, I was wondering from when you are going to earn?.Ok!come here come and teach me how to send photos on WhatsApp."granny asks.

"I want to study further but I will do part time job if you are bothered about my earning.Why you suddenly thought of learning WhatsApp? Come let me teach you" Preeti says.

Preeti goes and sits beside her granny and teaches her how to send photos on WhatsApp.

Till then her father enters house.

Now father sits below fans and closes his eyes and takes rest.

Sister comes and sit beside father and asks ,"papa,i will ask you one thing and you should not say no to it?"

"And what is that one thing?"Father asks still in relaxed position.

"My college have planned to Hyderabad trip.I want to go"sister says.

"Pooja,Have you gone crazy .It is not possible to send a single daughter to another state for a trip."granny says

"Dadi,It is a college trip .I am not going alone ,all my friends are going.Papa,I also want to go"Pooja requests.

"Don't waste money.your father is working very hard to collect money for your sister's dowry and here you are nagging like a child"Granny says.

Pooja slams the door of her room and closes it from inside.

"Don't show your attitude to your family show it your husband"my granny being herself.

Preeti's mom comes and asks everyone to have food . Everyone goes to eat.

Granny,Father, Preeti, mother on dining table and asking Pooja to join.Pooja is still upset.

Preeti asks,"Papa,I have wrote PG exam if I get seat in other state will you allow me to go there?"

Father says ,"we will think about it"

Preeti puts her left hand to eat snacks on table.

"Cant you use right hand. Behave like a girl.what your in laws will say about you if you behave like this?"Granny tries to lecture her

Preeti goes to her room after dinner there she sees her sister is still angry.

"Today's food was quite tasty,you missed it "Preeti speaks softly.

"Shut up !!"Pooja shouts.

Pooja and Preeti both sleeps and Pooja shouts at Preeti to off the lights.

Preeti says,"I thought you are going to do it."

Pooja gets up and off the light.

From next day Preeti is Little busy working for her exams and one and half month goes away just like that.

One day she reach her home and she sees a group of people sitting in her home.Her mother rushes to her and grabs her hand and asks her change into saree.

Preeti asks,"why?"

Mother says,"They are here for you."

"What do you mean?   Wwwwwait did you all planned for my marriage"Preeti asks in shocked way.

"Yes,It was your granny and your father idea.Your Granny send your photo through WhatsApp to a matchmaker and they have bought a marriage proposal.Your granny also said that by today you will be finished your exams.so we planned today".Her mother said innocently.

"Dadiiiiii"Preeti yells aggressively.

"Wear your saree and come outside.I prepared tea you just come and give it to them"Her mother speaks innocently.

"Why ? Can't they take by themselves.They need a person to bring it their hands"

Her mother says to come fast and leaves the room.

Mother looks at the boy .Boy is sitting stressfully holding two hands tightly.Boy has a handsome face but a giving a sad look as he bought there forcefully.

Till then Preeti comes outside wearing a saree . Everyone looks at her except the boy .

She comes and gives tea to everyone and then sits infront of boy.She looks at boy slowly and she gets shocked.

"He was the same boy she imagined at the busstop "

Preeti eyes are opened wide and the moment freezes for a while...