Chapter 12: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

Shah Rukh assessed his face deeply in the bathroom of his dressing room. He turned the faucet to let out cold water, splashing a sea of it over his face to rejuvenate himself. For a few days now he found it hard to sleep without tossing and turning. Kajol was still not speaking to him outside of her lines for the film. Shah Rukh couldn't help, but admire how she kept her composure in front of the camera and even in front of Ajay.

As if nothing happened between them.

With a deep sigh, he wiped his hands on a hand towel from the rack next to him. Metaphorically, he wished nothing more than to wipe his hands from the situation. Like Kajol had, but his mind wouldn't allow him.

"BUZZ"

"BUZZ"

Shah Rukh left the bathroom in search of his phone he left on the coffee table. He watched as his wife's name and picture flashed on the screen in vibrant color. He had rarely talked to the woman since telling her he landed, as she asked him to. He was so wrapped up in Kajol that he did not even think twice about his loving and compassionate wife at home. Shah Rukh pulled a cigarette out quickly lighting it before answering the phone. He would need it to calm his nerves and ease his guilt.

"Shah Rukh, I've been so worried about you." Gauri whispered lowly. He could tell when his wife was stressed. He also knew he was the one causing it.

Shah Rukh regretted strongly not calling consistently her as he should have. As he always did when he was miles away from home.

"I'm sure you have. I'm terribly sorry I haven't been contacting you like I should have been. There's just been a lot on my plate." Shah Rukh murmured staring into a distance. His mind uncontrollably flashed back to Kajol. The faces she made when she reached her limit. The way her arms wrapped around him in desperation. The way her body bent and arched to his command.

"Shah Rukh? Are you still there." Gauri asked snapping Shah Rukh from his thoughts. The man coughed out smoke caught in his throat, taking his cigarette out of his mouth and placing it a a nearby ashtray.

"Yes, I'm still here love. I'm sorry." Shah Rukh said as Gauri let out a sigh. Just then a bright idea came to his mind. What better way to alleviate his wife's distress and concern than having her next to him? There would be more benefits than harm if Gauri came to be with him in Switzerland. Right? Not only to alleviate her, but just like Kajol maybe if his wife were here he could leave everything behind him too. In a meliaceous way, Shah Rukh wanted to play her game back in her face. If Kajol wanted to be happy with her husband. He could show her he was even HAPPIER with his wife.

"Love, I'm sending the jet to get you. I don't want to be away from you any longer." Shah Rukh stated seriously into the phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kajol paced the floor of her dressing room nervously biting her bottom lip. Today, they were shooting the scene that led up to the sex scene. She honestly didn't want to do it anymore. There was no way on earth they should do it any more sensibly. Especially in front of her husband.

"Kajol, stop pacing the floor you're making me dizzy." Ajay said as a statement catching his wife and pulling her by her waist to sit down on the sofa next to him. As affectionate as only he could be he held her hand in hopes of trying to calm her. Ajay had taken it upon himself to come to Switzerland when he felt the house was too big and too empty. He missed his wife, and the more he thought about her, the more he thought about everything she had ever given up for him. The way she put her career on the back burner. Ajay had to be a bigger man for his wife. Yes, originally he only agreed to let his wife do the film because of his pride, but now he wanted her to do it because this was what she wanted to do and he believed and trusted in her fully.