Epilogue

One year later...

"Miss Ito, here are those papers for you to sign."

Aria looked up from her work desk as her assistant, Sara, brought over a pile of paperwork. She sighed as she sifted through the papers, initialing as she went. After her stepfather was indicted for theft and attempted murder, Fenrir Inc and all of its holdings fell to her. However, instead of liquidizing the company, Aria decided to continue on as its CEO. Fortunately she had a strong board of directors who were able to carry the load for her while she was away at school.

"This better be the last ones for the day, I have somewhere I need to be tonight," Aria said with a hint of annoyance.

Her assistant lifted her eyebrows. "Oh? A special date perhaps?"

Aria inwardly rolled her eyes. Sara was a notorious gossip and was always on the prowl for juicy tidbits. And of course Aria was a prime target, what with dating one of the richest men in all of Domino City. If Sara wasn't so good at her job, Aria probably would've transferred her to a different department.

"Actually I'm meeting up with friends," Aria said casually. Which was partly true. Kaiba was planning on joining them later, but that hardly made it a "special" date.

Aria quickly signed through the documents, only grazing through the text. Usually she was a little more thorough, but with summer ending she wanted to spend as much time with the gang and Seto as she could.

"Done!" Aria said as she initialed the last page. "Could you make sure these get filed?" Aria asked as she handed the paperwork off to Sara, "I gotta get going."

"Yes ma'am, but I need you to-"

But Aria didn't hear Sara finish her sentence, she was already running out the door. Work was important, but not as important as spending time with her friends who were the same as family, for they were literally the only family she had left. Work could wait.

Quickly stopping at her new highrise to change, Aria slipped on a new outfit that she was sure Kaiba would like. He had mentioned a few times in the past how much he enjoyed her in green.

Quickly putting on the last touches to her makeup, Aria locked up and jogged to the elevator, hoping she would be able to catch a cab quickly.

Walking out the front doors and onto the street, Aria suddenly stopped at the sight that greeted her. Kaiba stood leaning against the back door of his limo, his usual smirk in place. Aria raised a skeptical eyebrow at him in greeting. "I thought you were meeting me later at the pub."

Kaiba's smirk grew. "I thought you would be happy to see me a little early."

Aria's eyes narrowed. "I know you Seto and we were supposed to meet everyone downtown. Don't think you can get out of it by kidnapping me early."

"You have so little faith in me," Kaiba said, crossing his arms.

Aria laughed. "Only because I know you so well. Now can you promise me that you'll take me to see our friends?"

"Get in the limo and find out."

Aria crossed her arms, mirroring Kaiba. "No."

Now Kaiba's eyes narrowed. "Don't make me come over there and get you."

Aria smirked, a defiant glint in her eye. "I'd like to see you try."

Kaiba huffed and rolled his eyes. "This is childish. Will you please just trust me Aria and get in the limo?"

Aria stared hard into Kaiba's eyes, reading the unspoken words in his plea. After an intermittent span of time, her body relaxed and she uncrossed her arms, letting them fall to her side. "Okay, Seto."