Unfortunate Hiatus

I hate doing this, especially because of the number of unfinished works I enjoyed when I was a kid. But unfortunately, I overestimated the amount of time I would have going into the school year. I am working two jobs, starting to stream for one of them, and continuing to draw. And I am scraping the bottom of the barrel for time to work on my pet project, The Reasons U Still Talk. TRUST deserves more attention from me. 

I may still come back to NightinKites at a later time, but it probably won't be until next April/May, when I'll be able to devote the time and attention to it that it deserves (because my teaching job will slow down during those months). And when I do come back to it, there's a very high likelihood it will look completely different from what it is now. So there's no harm in sharing this:

Here's the basic concept:

Friends get hurt

Hurt people hurt people

Apo stands up "Nightingales are ok"

Apo change his mind
Be very careful that charas don't know where Aimsey is: "I'm not *worried* persay"

Apo stand up to Red about it

Red >:C

Reddoons learns things

they both stew in silence

Almost reconciliation and Danger!

Ending, Life After Wings

The rest of part 3 I had written:

"We don't leave anyone behind!" Graecie declared, stepping between Apo and the white robed figures.

"That's not your friend," one of them said, gesturing up at Aimsey hovering in the swirl of purple.

"We don't leave anyone behind," Michela echoed above them, drawing an arrow back to shoot the ice crystal inside.

Everyone looked up at the purple mist with varying degrees of horror. The cavern shook as its bonds fell away.

"What have you done!?" A white robed figure cried.

"Quick, run!" Ros and Will nudged and pulled Apo sideways away from the church and the purple alike. They stumbled together as the world shook and the purple expanded.

"One day you'll understand the meaning of all this," it promised, and then Aimsey fell.

"Aimsey!" several pirates cried.

Apo twisted and turned to see her body, crumpled on the low pedestal. "She was going to spar with me," he mumbled.

"She's already dead," Bek pointed out, "We've got to get out of here! The cavern is collapsing!"

"Protect the living," Kuervo declared, and at it's words, everyone snapped into action.

A later conversation between Red and Apo as Graecie looks for Will:

"Tch. Nightengales."

"What's that supposed to mean!?"

"They're stupid, stupidly sentimental-"

"What!?"

"Why'd Michela do it, huh? Aimsey is dead now because of-"

"No Red, Aimsey would never have been in there if it hadn't been for her own faction not checking up on her, not going after her."

And here are some snippets/plot points I was going to include:

#3 (Remember the point of this part is Apo Stands Up)
Apo, having figured out something and now valuing his faction: "No. No, you're wrong about them. About us."
Reddoons, self reliant and hard: "Tch. Yeah right."
Apo: "Yes, and here's the reasons having a family is a good thing!"
Reddoons: "No-
Apo: "AND YOU CAN TOO!"
Reddoons: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA exploding

#4 Reddoons, hating the fact he's a Kite: "I can't... I'm a Kite. I'm meant for battle, and being alone."
Apo: No Reddoons! (insert music here)
"We can fight together!"
"I fight alone"
oTL

#4.5 and tHEN
something happens and Reddoons gets to learn that having people have his back is better than not
like for example
Bek almost dies and he saves her and she realizes out loud that maybe being a lone wolf isn't as great as it seems
Or Kuervo hangs out with Red and he says something off color and Kuervo stops and corrects him, giving examples,
Or, or! Bek is in trouble and Kuervo and Red happen to be there and Kuervo helps Bek out. At first Bek is dismissive, then Kuervo calls her out, "You could have gone like Aimsey if I didn't have your back. Maybe there's strength in numbers. Maybe we should work together as a team. I don't mean like the nightingales, I mean like kites. We don't have to be family. But we should be able to- I don't know, come to each other's aid without jeopardizing our autonomy." (like a military unit, maybe?)
and then Reddoons is like
Oh
Maybe
maybe Apo was right????

#5 and THEN
AWKWARDNESS ENSUES
(triumphant trumpet music)
and maybe apo's like
"Reddoons... I know you're a lone wolf so I won't bother you anymore but please take [thing]"
and Reddoons's like "..." but trying SO HARD to say ANYTHING to Apo

#6,7 Finally they get into danger of some kind together and getting out involves working together and also giving up their wings because can you imagine
Giving up wings as a symbol of "the factions don't matter, we're friends"