The Girls

(Emma's POV)

I'm walking around town listening to music on my phone when my stomach rumbles.
I guess I should get something to eat. I think, and see a resuarant called 'Thai Go'. I go inside.

"Be with you in a minute!" A girl's voice says from the back room.
She emerges from the room, and it looks like a 13 year old girl.

"How may I help you?" The girl asks.

"May I have some Pad Thai please?" I ask, smiling.

"Coming right up." The girl winked. "Hey, haven't I seen you around town before?" She asks.

"Probably. I moved here about two months ago. I go to Saint James Middle School." I explain.

"So do I! Here's my phone number so we can keep in touch!" The girl gives me her phone number.

"Anne! Come back to the kitchen!" A woman who sounded like the girl's Mum calls.

"Coming, Mom!" I was right.

"So your name is Anne?" I ask.

"Yeah. What's yours?" Anne asks.

"Emma. Emma Osmond." I smile.

"Anne. Anne Boonchuy." Anne smiles.

"Anne! Now!" Anne's Mum yells.

"Coming, Mom!" Anne exclaims.

A few minutes later, Anne brings me my food. I smile hungrily.
"Thank you." I smile.

"No problem!" Anne exclaims.

After I finsih my food, I go up to the counter and pay.
"That will be $10, please." Anne's Mum says.
I take out my credit card and insert it into the pay machine.
"Thank you." Anne's Mum smiles.

"You're welcome. The food was so good! Don't be surprised if I come here later today!" I chuckle.
Anne's Mum chuckles at my joke.

After I leave the resturant, I decide I would check out the city mall. I wander a few stores here and there, but one really catches my eye.
This store looks cool! I think. I look up at the sign, and it says 'Amphibians n' stuff!'
I went inside. I marvel at the stuff inside. While I'm looking at an amphibian plush on a shelf, I bump into a girl. "Oh, my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I exclaim.

"It's alright. Haven't I seen you in town before?" The girl asks.

"Oh, maybe. I just moved here a couple months ago." I shrug.

"I'm Sasha Waybright. What's your name?" Sasha sticks out her hand.

"Emma Osmond." I shake her hand.

"Do you go to Saint James Middle School?" Sasha asks.

"Yeah. I do. Do you go there too?" I ask.

"Yeah. Here's my phone number so we can keep in touch." Sasha says, and she hands me a piece of paper.

"Thanks." I smile.
Sasha's phone vibrates.

"Well, I gotta go. See you at school Monday?" Sasha says.

"See you!" I exclaim.

After I buy a few things from the mall (an axolotl plush and leaf earrings), I go to the local library.
Once I select a book (The Giver by Lois Lowry), I sit down at a table and start reading the book. A few minutes later, a girl sits down next to me. She was reading a book called Coraline (by Neil Gaiman).
"Hey, I've read that book, I know how it ends." I look at the girl.

The girl gasps. "Please don't tell me! I never read it before!" She covers her ears.

"Don't worry," I smile. "I've had a few things spoiled and I won't do that to another person. I know how it feels."