Sorry, Ena.

Akito's POV

Akito waved at An and Kohane as he walked out of Weekend Garage with Toya. Once they were out the door, Toya nudged him. “Hey. You seem off. What’s up?”

Akito rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed. “Jeez, is it that obvious?” Toya nodded, looking a little concerned.

The ginger boy huffed. “I had another fight with Ena last night.”

Toya frowned. “Oh. About what?”

Akito: “I don’t really know. She was in the middle of drawing, I went in to ask her something. I was just… way too pushy. I should have given her a minute, but I just— I didn’t even ask. I know she hates when people bother her. She’s right to be annoyed. Do I just— do I just not care?”

Akito clenched his fists and kicked a stone as he walked, trying to keep himself calm.

Toya smiled gently, nudging his shoulder. “I think you care a lot. Would you be this worked up if you didn’t?”

Akito groaned. “I guess. But why–”

Toya grabbed his shoulder. “Listen, Akito. I know you care about her. You don’t need to prove that to me or anyone.” The taller boy smiled. “You want to make up with her, right?”

Akito huffed. “How, though? It’s not like I can just waltz in and apologise, she’d kill me. And… I wouldn’t even know what to say.”

Toya hummed. “What about a gift?”
Akito thought for a moment, then nodded and smiled.

Akito: “huh.. maybe i could try, She loves having new stuff. I’ll go get something nice for her tomorrow She can’t turn it down.”

He put his arm over Toya’s shoulder. “Thanks, dude. For taking me seriously.”

Toya smiled. “Of course.”

Akito: “I know I must suck to have as a brother sometimes, but still…

I hope she doesn’t hate me.”