A Love Deeper Than Myself

From the moment I started loving you, I found myself gradually losing the love I once had for myself.

They say you can't give what you don't possess, and to some extent, I understand the truth in that. Yet, I've come to believe that it's nearly impossible to love both yourself and someone else simultaneously. When I fell for you, I gave you the entirety of my heart, an act I'm not proud of but one that felt inevitable. True love, it seems, makes you disregard self-preservation. Entranced by you, I allowed myself to be swept away by life's uncertain currents, trusting that you would be my anchor amidst the turbulence. As you became a part of my life, I became vulnerable, exposing myself to intangible forces that could inflict deep wounds. In my dedication to always be there for you, I inadvertently abandoned my responsibility to support myself during moments of despair. Loving you became an all-consuming force, eclipsing my self-love. In my eyes, your worth exceeded mine; I was willing to sacrifice everything, even my own well-being, just to ensure your happiness.

The moment I admitted my love for you was the moment I surrendered everything, offering you the entirety of my being.

I'm not asking you to prioritize me above yourself. However, it would mean the world to me if you acknowledged the depth of my love without feeling burdened or guilty. My love for you isn't your fault; you're the person I wish to see smiling and brimming with happiness every day. Witnessing your pain hurts me just as deeply. Please, allow me to envelop you in my embrace as you gather the strength to stand tall again.

As life takes us on its unpredictable journey, I promise to walk alongside you, holding your hand even when the path veers off course. Despite the peculiarities and absurdities of the universe, remember, you have me by your side. In these moments, I hope you'll allow me to love you more than I love myself.