Chapter 6: An Unlikely Ally

——————————🐍——————————

Fandral, Volstagg, and Odin stood in the ruined throne room, discussing the damage that was done during the attack.

"We are still unable to restore the palace shields. Our artillery cannot detect them. Even Heimdall cannot see them. My King, we are all by defenseless." Fandral reported.

Odin looked down in thought, trying to come up with a solution, but his mind was still preoccupied with the death of his wife.

Thor strode into the throne room. "She's your prisoner now?" He asked incredulously. Apparently Odin had ordered Jane to be confined to her chambers and Thor was not happy about it. "Leave us."

Everyone left the room, leaving Thor and Odin alone.

"I do not wish to fight with you." Odin told Thor.

"Nor I with you. But I intend to pursue Malekith." Thor informed.

"We posses the Aether. Malekith will come to us."

"Yes, and he will destroy us."

"You overestimate the power of these creatures."

"No, I value our people's lives. I'll take Jane to the Dark World, and draw the enemy away from Asgard. When Malekith pulls the Aether from Jane, it will be exposed and vulnerable. And I will destroy it and him." Thor explained.

"If you fail, you risk this weapon falling into the hands of our enemies." Odin pointed out.

"The risk is far greater if we do nothing. His ship could be over our heads right now, we would never even know it."

"If and when he comes, his men will fall on 10,000 Asgardian blades." Odin reassured.

"And how many of our men shall fall on theirs?" Thor argued.

"As many as are needed!" Odin snapped. "We will fight! Till the last Asgardian breath. Till the last drop of Asgardian blood."

"Then how are you different than Malekith?" Thor asked.

Odin chuckled. "The difference my son, is that I will win."

And with that, Odin left the room to go figure out how he was going to kill the Dark Elves...and avenge his wife.

...

Thor sat at a table in a small tavern when Heimdall came over to him.

"You were not at Odin's war council." Thor observed.

Heimdall removed his helmet. "The Bifrost is closed by your father's orders. No one is to come or to go. We face an enemy that is invisible, even to me. What use is a guardian such as that?"

"Malekith will return, you know this. I need your help." Thor requested.

"I cannot overrule my King's wishes. Not even for you."

Thor shook his head. "I'm not asking you too. The realms need their Allfather strong and unchallenged whether he is or not. But he is blinded Heimdall by hatred and by grief."