Chapter Thirty Eight: Steam Gorilla

38. Steam Gorilla

10-14-2023

A/N: Thank you guys for 25k reads and 1.3k votes! I'm really happy that all of you like this fic and that all the new readers are enjoying it too. This fic also finally got more votes than my old Assassination Classroom fanfiction!

Q: The new Dr. Stone episode came out! To those that watched it, what did you think of it?! Remember: no spoilers for anime-onlys!

-----

"What is this?!"

"Whoa, we're gonna save Chrome with this thing?!"

"It's as if you just started with iron and made a living beast!"

Seeing the finished creation after days upon days of work, it was the village's first time laying their eyes on a self-propelling object. The finished product was none other than the very first steam engine in the new world. It was running on its own after Senku had filled the engine with coal. The snow had melted enough for it to run with no issues, and it was warm enough for everyone to stop wearing their winter gear.

"Full steam ahead!" The scientist cried out as the villagers steered away from the engine's path.

"We've finally made it to the Industrial Revolution!" Gen cheerfully exclaimed.

As you ran together with the engine, you saw Magma, who standing still in the middle of its route. He put his extremities forward as he slightly crouched down, as if he was going to stop it with his bare hands. "It's nothing I can't handle!"

And with that, the blonde brute was gone in a blink of an eye as the machine knocked him out. The villagers cried out as the vehicle slowed to a stop, "Magma!"

"Are you insane? It's impossible to stop a steam engine with just muscle alone," said Senku as he looked at the man that was lying face flat on the ground.

Your friends came around to look at the machine when it had stopped. The expressions of admiration and awe was plastered on their faces. Though there were some with the look of worry.

"It's almost like a living thing!" Ruri exclaimed.

Kinro replied with sweat dripping down his temples, "Yeah, one with tremendous, superhuman strength..."

"It's almost like a gorilla!" Suika piped up.

Ginro added, "Even more than Kohaku-chan!"

After the lioness had beaten the blonde boy to a pulp due to his unnecessary comments, she spoke up, "With this, we can all go and save Chrome, right?"

You nodded, "Yes. I'm sure that once we're done, we can all get moving."

"Yeah, especially since this is science's superhuman monster: the Steam Gorilla!" The green-haired boy declared.

With that, he added a steering wheel in the middle of the platform that the engine was sitting on. Gen, the only person who legally had a driver's license back in the day, was testing it out once everything was connected. Unfortunately, with the wheels not covered with any protection and the roads nor paved to perfection, there were bound to be some issues. But that's what science is all about: trial and error.

"Why am I test-driving this clunky thing?!" The mentalist cried out, his words slurring with each bump he rolled over.

"Because you're the only one with a driver's license!" Senku hollered as he stuck a pinky in his ear.

"What use is a license in this world?!"

"You gotta obey traffic laws, right? Even if I don't think so at all."