24

At CARTERTECH INNOVATION:

The boardroom is adorned with polished wood, plush leather chairs, and a large oak table at the center. The atmosphere is tense as the board members gather around, their faces etched with concern and anticipation. At the head of the table, Ethan sits, exuding a sense of determination.

ETHAN
(calm but resolute)
Thank you all for being here today. I understand that the recent events have caused uncertainty and concern among our stakeholders.

BOARD MEMBER 1
(nervously)
Ethan, the financial losses have been substantial, and our reputation is in shambles. How do we move forward?

ETHAN
(nodding)
I acknowledge the gravity of the situation. We must face it head-on. First, we need to be transparent with our investors. Honesty is our best ally now.

BOARD MEMBER 2
(skeptical)
But what's our plan, Ethan? How do we regain investor trust?

ETHAN
(determined)
We will develop a clear recovery plan. We'll streamline our operations, cut unnecessary costs, and ensure that every decision we make is in the best interest of the company and our shareholders.

BOARD MEMBER 3
(concerned)
And our reputation, Ethan? How do we repair the damage done?

ETHAN
(assured)
Rebuilding our reputation will take time, but it starts with delivering tangible results. We'll work relentlessly to show the world that we are not defined by our setbacks but by our resilience.

The board members exchange glances, slowly gaining confidence in Ethan's resolve.

BOARD MEMBER 4
(cautiously optimistic)
Ethan, this won't be easy. Are you confident we can pull this off?

ETHAN
(determined)
I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe in our potential. We have faced adversity before, and we have always emerged stronger. This time will be no different.

As the meeting progresses, Ethan outlines the initial steps of their recovery plan, and the board members begin to discuss strategies and responsibilities.

---

The meeting concludes with a sense of shared purpose, and the board members disperse, ready to face the challenges ahead. Ethan remains in the boardroom for a moment, a determined look on his face, knowing that the road to recovery will be tough but believing in their collective strength.

---

Ethan, his mind consumed by thoughts from the boardroom meeting, makes his way down the corridor to Valera's office. His steps slow as he approaches her door, and he pauses, taking a deep breath before pushing it open.

What Ethan sees inside Valera's office is nothing short of a revelation. His heart sinks as he witnesses Jayden and Valera locked in a passionate, intense kiss. Their bodies pressed together, the world around them forgotten.

Valera's hand is buried in Jayden's hair, her fingers gently pulling him closer. Jayden's arms envelop her, holding her close as they share this intimate moment.

Ethan, shocked and unable to tear his eyes away, feels a mix of emotions, jealousy and anger surging through him. He quickly turns, quietly shutting the door behind him.

---

Back in his own office, Ethan paces, his fury mounting. He clenches his fists, the image of Jayden and Valera haunting him. Unable to contain himself, he grabs his phone and dials Valera's extension.

VALERA
(via the phone)
Hello, Ethan?

ETHAN
(sternly)
Valera, come to my office immediately. It's urgent.