Prologue

Evangeline Hope Tate is the fifteen almost sixteen year old daughter of Maya Tate and an unknown father, although she does know she is of Irish descent from how much her mother hates/hated the Irish culture and kept her from it as well as having Doc tell her. Evangeline prefers to go by Evan, and she was raised by Doc from the age of eight until her died. Her mother left her on the streets, leaving to be with her boyfriend and start a new family with him. Doc found Evan sitting alone on the streets in her summer clothes, it was winter at the time, and brought her into the bar. Letting her stay with him.

Cassandra Faith Burns is the sixteen year old daughter of Alana Burns and an unknown father as well. She, just like Evan, knows that she is of Irish descent for the same reasons. Cassandra prefers to go by Cass, Cassie, or Andy; and was raised by Doc from the age of 10 until he died. Her mother left her home alone while she was asleep only to wake up to find note that she had to live on her own. Doc found her digging in his dumpster, and took her in just like Evan.

Doc's death was ruled to be murder by the infamous Saints as he was killed in the exact way they used to kill, and how he was set up with pennies in his eyes and his arms crossed over his chest. Although, Evan and Cassie know that it wasn't them from all of the stories they've heard from Doc, and how much fondness was in his eyes when he talked about them.