Chapter 1

Evan slides a glass in the direction of her best friend, Cassie, who is just a little ways down the bar. Cassie picks up the glass and puts it in the dishwasher to the right of her. "Are you going to change too? I thought I would wear the black outfit he said looked the best on me." Cassie tells Evan as she sets the dishwasher and closes it. "Yeah, I'm gonna do the same." Evan responds before leaving for their apartment upstairs.

*A Few Hours Later*

Cassie and Evan are kneeling next to Doc's memorial/grave thing (I don't remember what it's called, like the thing for Rocco) saying a prayer he taught them so many years ago. "...In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti." They finish in unison, but not alone. Two men are standing behind them and site the exact same line. The girls turn around to find these men; one tall with brown hair standing up in the front and blue eyes, the other with blue eyes and tall as well with hair laying down on the top of his forehead. Both men are wearing the same thing; black jackets with dark t-shirts and denim jeans.

"Who are you?" Cassie asks the wonder in her voice showing her obvious vulnerability. Evan's hand twitched faintly causing the knife in her jacket sleeve to fall slightly into her hand for easy access in case she needs to defend the two of them. "My names' Connor and this is my brother, Murphy. Who are you?" The man with his hair sticking up in the front says. "My name is Cassie and this Evan." Cassie responds to him wiping her tears away as the two stand up from their positions.

"So, how did you girls know Doc?" Murphy asks them shoving his hands into his pockets. "He was like a father to us." Evan tells them at the same time that Cassie replies with, "He raised us." Connor raised an eyebrow at the two answers, "I don't remember Doc taking anyone in, or having the ability to care for someone else." Obviously, Connors comment meant well since Doc was up in age, but it still irks the girls at how he talks about him. "Doc was a good man, and chose to not let us die. Also, I think it's time to get back home." Evan says directing the last sentence at Cassie, who nods in agreement. "Two young lasses like yourselves don't need to be out by alone at this time of night." Murphy tells the girls concern in his eyes.

"We can take care of ourselves and it's not like we're that far from the bar." The dark headed girl told the men, pulling Cassie with her. "Can't let you do that lass." Connor says as they catch up with the teenagers. All the way to the bar the four were in an uncomfortable silence. When they finally got home Cassie turns to the men saying, "Thanks for walking us home. Have a good night, maybe we'll meet again." "Yeah, um, just wondering. But are you gonna keep McGinty's open?" Murphy questions them, "Yeah, of course. So many people love coming here." Evan replies wondering why they asked such an absurd question. "Alright, goodnight." Connor tells the girls as he and his brother walk away. "Bye." Cassie says walking into the bar."Now, let's get some sleep." Evan suggested receiving a nod from her best friend. The two head upstairs, change into pajamas, and fall asleep fast. It's shorter than I want it to be, but it's a starter so i'm not gonna worry about. I hope you guys like it; this is my first BDS Fiction. It would mean a lot if you would hit that heart button, and comment with some constructive criticism.
XOXO,
Jade