"JORVIK!?" (part 1)

Y/n-Your name
H/n-Horse name ________________________________________

3 years ago my life changed compeletly

I was 18 years old in grade 12 and was studying in my room, one evening when my mom called my name
When I reached her room she smiled at me and asked:

-Do you want to go to a horse camp?

I immediately said "Yes!" with my eyes sparkling (I have always loved horses and I want to use every opportunity to be with them and I go to horsecamps every summer)

-I found one that you would like but it's on an island and it's for the whole summer. And I cannot go with you so you will have to get to it alone. Can you make it alone?

-Yes,I can
But where is it and what's the name of the island?-I asked

-It's a small island, so small, you can't even find it on any map. It's somewhere between the British isles and Norway. It's called Jorvik.

-Jorvik!?-I asked in suprise

-Yes-she answered-Have you heard of it?

-Not much...-I said out of reflex
I actually know a lot of Jorvik and it's history. Well..a little about Jon Jarl and some facts about the Kallters-Jorvik's first civilation-but that's it,really...

-Well-she interupted my thoughts- start packing your bags.

-Why? We still have a week 'till summer break starts

-You know it's always better to be early-she said with a smile

-You're right-I said returning the smile and went to my room to start packing

Since I was going for 3 months I had to pack a lot more than I'm used to...Suprisingly it all fit

The time to go came soon
I was very excited because it was my dream to get to Jorvik and i've never been on a ferry before (that's the only way to get there)
When I got to the port I said goodbye to my mom and we parted ways. I went in the direction the board showed. "Ferry to Jorvik-Left port"

There wasn't many people on board. We waited for other passangers but when it was time for us to go only a few people came.
After we got on and were already sailing, they assigned us rooms since we had to travel for 2 days.
I was luckly alone since there were 15 of us and there were only rooms for two people.

Every room was the same and had the same furniture. Each room had two seperate beds with light brown sheets two pillows,one big,light brown and on top of it was a small,dark brown pillow. Between the two beds was a small nightstand and enough space for a pair of shoes maybe.
In the corner of the room there was a double wardrobe and a table with a chair. On the table there was a lamp next to it was a pencil sharpener, a metal pencil case with 2 pens and 3 pencils in it.

The two days felt like an eternity. My dream was about to come true. Especally if the legends about the island of Jorvik were really true. I started riding 5 years ago because I wanted to find my "Soul horse" and build an unbreakable bond with them, and there are sayings that "the horses of Jorvik share a special bond with the islanders"

I somehow memorised the whole legend of jorvik on the first day of the trip and I was feeling more and more excited each second. I remembered that the game I always played -Star Stable Online- was taking place on this island. And since I've always believed in magic there might be a chance that I'll feel the islands energy once we get off (since the magic (and with it the energy) is stronger on Jorvik that anywhere esle in the world).

After realising this, I started practicing with my energies. My wrist was hurting for some reason so it was a great time to practice my healing abilities. I focused,put my other palm on the aching and after 10 seconds the pain vanished. Then I layed down to focus so I can resonate with the elements that i have already mastered. I felt hot at first and then cooler. These were the energies of the sun and the moon. Then I stood up and placed my hands infront of me, infront of my heart chakra to form an energy ball. But while I was practicing we got caught in a storm. It wasn't bad but the lightning was very bright and each bolt was about 4-5 seconds from each other. This caught my attention and i got lost in the beautiful bolts of lightning and instead of an energy ball,small bolts of lightnings spawned between my finger tips. I was scared and amused for a second but I quickly calmed myself down and stopped what I was doing.

I sat on my bed for about an hour before the storm finally settled down and I heard a voice in the speaker say: "Dear passangers! We will be arriving to the island of Jorvik in about 10 minutes. Please make sure you don't leave any of your belongings behind. If you do we won't take responsibility for it."
I bearly touched my bags since I got on so I had nothing to worry about in this situation. I grabbed my stuff and left the room leaving the key in the door. The sight amused me! The island was beautiful. The sight of trees, endless mountains and huge paddocks were wonderful to see. To my suprise we went around that part of the island and kept going until we reached a castle like building. It was Fort Pinta.
We got off at it's port just outside of the main area. As I set foot on the island I instantly felt something. For some reason I felt like it was some kind of ancient energy that was sleeping, suddently awakened within me. I felt the warmth of my energy flow throuh my body. I felt something else as well.... I had no idea what it was, but it felt like it was powerful...VERY powerful...

I got lost in my thoughts, trying to find possible answers when I heard loud neighing from the distance. Some random horse brought be back to reality just when the driver-who brought me to Moorland stables-arrived to pick me up.
I didn't see her face. She just signaled for me to get in the car while she got my stuff and put it in the truck of the car.
When we arrived,she got out of the car without a word, gave me my bags and drove off. I didn't even had time to thank her...