Chapter 2

His thoughts quickly faded as Leon bumped into his side, taking the lead now and walking faster down the hallway. One didn't know where they going and didn't know if Leon knew either.

"What's the plan..?"
"Excuse me?"
"Like, where are we going? What are we doing?"

Leon paused, sighing before laughing softly to himself. "You shouldn't question that, One. Just trust me, okay?" Leon purred gently.

One paused for a bit, nodding his head. His common sense told him to ask something, but there wasn't anything to say. In his mind, Leon seemed like the type who didn't enjoy being questioned... so he kept his mouth shut. The hallway felt as though it was getting longer and longer like there was no end in sight for it. One then began to think, maybe Leon knew what that noise was from days ago...

"Hey, how long have you been stuck in here?" He asked, curiosity ringing out his voice.

"Huh? I don't know, a day or two at this point."

"So, did you hear that loud thump? I think it was all the giants falling at once... I could've sworn that was recent."

Leon stopped in his tracks, turning slowly. "A few days? What are you talking about?" He said sternly. "That... that was like, eight years ago."

One's head tilted and his eyes narrowed. "Eight years..? That's a long time, I'm surprised I don't have gray fur." He laughed.

"This isn't funny."

"Huh?"

"Paris, this isn't funny," Leon spoke, his voice filled with anger.

"But... you said I was One, right? So I can't be Paris, and that happened a few days ago!" One exclaimed, his ears pinned against his head.

"It happened years ago! You have to remember!" Leon snapped, his tone rising with every word.

"I-I can't remember anything, Leon. You have to believe me. I don't know what you're trying to do, but I know that you're not doing it right."

"What are you talking about? It's been eight years since the collapse!"

"You're lying to me! Please, you have to stop. It's been days, it hasn't been eight years." He yelped, desperately grasping this truth.

"You don't know, Paris. You have to believe me." Leon stated firmly, his tone softening. "Listen to me. I know you've lost your memories, but please try to remember anything."

"I-I can't, I can't, Leon, please!" One whimpered, his voice cracking as he fought the urge to cry.

"Please, try."

"I'm sorry."

Leon took a deep breath. He didn't look angry, he looked hurt. "It's not your fault, it's whoever did this." He said calmly. One nodded, tears streaming down his face. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Hey, uh, let's keep moving, okay?"

"O-Okay."

The two continued down the hall, passing a few doors and stopping in front of a large white door with a small keypad next to it. Leon pressed a few buttons, sighing as the light stayed red and didn't turn green. "Great, now how do we get in?"

One watched as he repeatedly entered the same code, the red light not turning green. "Maybe you're just putting it in wrong?"

"No, no, it's this one. It has to be."

One's ears perked and he tilted his head, hearing the sound of something moving behind the door, but it wasn't alive. He leaned up against the door, his ear pressed on it. As Leon continued to type in the incorrect code, he could hear the door loosening off its hinges and the object shifting as it grew further to collapse. One gently nudged Leon before backing away from the door, and the brown feline groaned before following. As the two sat in an awkward silence, the door began to creak before falling forward in front of them. One yelped softly as the bang echoed through the hallway, As his eyes turned back to the door, he noticed something lying on top of it.