that dumb nickname.

word count - 622
letter count- 3461

                    HAILEYS PERSPECTIVE
Hailey's Diary - Page 1
me and jake have been friends for.. A MONTH?! geez, it feels so much longer then that. not in a bad way.. i just feel so much closer to him recently. it's not love, it's just you know.. a friendly way. even i don't believe that.. god, what has gotten into me lately?! geez.. but the thing is, he's bullied us for years so my brother, zander isn't crazy about the idea of him joining. although, he started dating luke so he's been less focused on jakes past ways. it's a week to the band competition, and frankly i'm a little scared to sing again. but it's okay, right?! i'll be singing by jake's side. i heard a voice calling out to me as i write this, it sounded like.. jake?

"hailey, haileyy.." i heard, my head slammed into a desk. it was definitely jake.

"HAILEY AUSTIN!" nope, not him. just my teacher. and.. sadie. god, that girl scares me. "you have been writing in your notebook instead of paying attention. so tell me, what did i just say to the class?"

"uhh, that we're picking partners for our project?" i smiled awkwardly, knowing i'm wrong. the teacher sighed.

"i said that everyone should be paying attention to the lesson." she said, annoyed.

"aha.. sorry!" i chuckled & shrugged.

she went right back to teaching, i just couldn't seem to focus.. god, why is this?!

millie poked her head over my shoulder, "whatcha writing?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"gah! nothing.." i pushed her head away, it was an obvious lie.. i'm such a bad liar when i'm in l- stress. when i'm in stress.

"lemmie see!" millie said, trying to grab my notebook.

"ugh! it's not you or anybodies buisness." i said, annoyed & slammed my head back into my notebook, visibly upset.

"okay sorry, sorry." millie said. "is it about j-"

i covered her mouth. "shut up!" i stated, embarrassed.

"damn girl, fine. i'll leave you alone.." she paused. "so it is about hi-"

"ITS NOT YOUR BUISNESS!" i exclaimed, visibly upset at the world. suddenly, the entire class was staring & the teacher paused her entire lesson. "soo.. detention for me huh?" i said, already knowing my fate.

the teacher wrote out a detention ticket, and wrote in big letters the name hailey austin.. thats me. anyways, i have detention at 3:30. lucky me, huh?

the bell rang and it was time for lunch. the group walked together, but i walked alone. jake realized and walked with me. gosh, he's so thoughtful and caring and.. a great friend of mine. heh.

"hey princess! why ya walking alone?" he asked and tilted his head. ugh, i wished he'd stop with that dumb nickname.. oh who am i kidding?! i love it when he calls me that.

"if you must kn- hey! i told you to stop with the nicknames." i said and rolled my eyes, smiling.

jake laughed. "sorry, sorry. but seriously, why are you walking alone?"

"i just have alot on my mind and wanted to be alone." i said, visibly a little annoyed.

"ouhh, so i should g-" jake said before i cut him off.

"no, it's fine.. i just can't deal with millie, zander & lukes pda. i love them, but sometimes it just gets annoying, yk?" i said, putting my thoughts into words.

jake laughed, "yeah, i can relate to that. and frankly, zander & luke scare me a little." he said, a little fear in his voice but its mostly love for the club. /p

i chuckled. "yeah, between zander's overprotective-ness of me & luke's overprotective-ness of him, they're terrifying put together."

now me and jake were laughing together, alone.. god, why do i care all of a sudden?! what has gotten into me later.