CULTURE

[REMINDER: These are all things I scripted for MY desired reality. YOU do not have to script any of these things and are free to alter them as you wish but please do not bash or make rude comments about anything written here because this is all personal to me. You do what you do, I do what I do. Period point blank.]

For a Soulaan woman/non-binary individual to show someone their naked body is essentially a blessing to whoever is around to view it. Many Soulaan women and non-binary individuals will often not show their partner their naked body for months or even years, that is how serious it is. Being allowed to touch or look at a Soulaana's/Soulaani's naked body is known to be a high privilege. Soulaanos, Soulaanis, and even some Soulaanas worship feminine bodies. Even during hookups, some Soulaanas/Soulaanis will have their partner(s) shut off the lights or wear a blindfold. Others resort to wearing a sort of white or red or sometimes black flowy dress-like garment to keep their naked bodies hidden if they do not feel as though you should be allowed to see it.

Almost all Soulaans are incredibly smart and intelligent, having some of the highest IQs there is. However, if a Soulaan happens to have a learning disability or struggles to learn, their family does not shun or outcast them for that and instead help them to the best of their ability.

Soulaans take pride in making their food taste good so seasonings and herbs and oils and spices are a staple in EVERY Soulaan household.

Twerking is seen as primarily a dance that's honestly very healing and releases internal tension and increases serotonin and all the good feelings for Soulaans. It's not inherently sexual unless it's purposely being presented that way.

Soulaans aren't very fond about sharing much information about our culture with non-black people, especially white people, but one part of our culture we love to share is the food. We make many connections and form great relationships through food. It's seen as a bonding experience for many which is why we have do many family reunions and cookouts and whatnot. (This is high-key already a thing but I wanted to make it more defined.)

Many Soulaans are spiritual rather than religious and many pray to the universe and use manifestation as their methods of "prayer". This is not to say a lot of Soulaans don't worship the Christian God or Greek gods or Buddha or whoever else because we do. Many even do both but at our core, Soulaans are very spiritual. (THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WORSHIPING GOD SO CHRISTIANS PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SKIN ME.)

In Soulaan culture, men treat women/non-binarys as if they are queens even if they present masculine. It is not uncommon for a Soulaano to be seen holding doors open for Soulaanas/Soulaanis, holding them when their feet hurt, helping them in stores and so much more. Sometimes, Soulaanas/Soulaanis will help other Soulaanas/Soulaanis in this way as well if they so please. If a Soulaano/Soulaani is seen harming or mistreating a Soulaana/Soulaani, they are immensely shamed and disliked. It can be so severe to the point where they are disowned by their family and friends and fired from their job (if their boss happens to be Soulaan.)

Soulaans are known to have incredible memories and can hold grudges for years until they finally either let it go or get revenge. You might as well go off the grid if you dare to cross a Soulaan because they may just get you back when you least expect it.

Many Soulaans can talk to animals and because of this, Soulaan farmers will ask their animals for consent to being killed and used for food. Soulaans never kill animals without communicating to them first. This allows Soulaans to kill animals without feeling guilt or immense spiritual pain as Soulaans often form strong bonds with animals to the point where the animal's pain becomes their own.

In Soulaan culture, the color red isn't seen as grown or mature. It is instead often worn to represent power, strength, protection, love and prosperity. Many Soulannas and Soulaanis wrap their children in said color for the first few years of their life to ensure their children grow up to be good people and live happy and successful lives. It is also a custom for the parents of the child(ren) to rub red (SKIN-SAFE) paint on their children's foreheads, belly and feet and have the one who birthed them hold them in their arms. Then, the father, or other parent(s), will get on their knees and pray to the god(s) they worship or the universe while they press their forehead to the child's, asking for the god(s)/universe to protect their offspring and ensure they are safe from all physical, emotional and spiritual harm.

Being apart of the LGBTQIA+ community in Soulaan culture is seen as normal. It's common for Soulaanas in relationships with other Soulaanas or Soulaanos to be with other Soulaanos or Soulaanis to be with Soulaanis and other variations. It's also common to see single Soulaans as some Soulaans prefer to not be in relationships and that is perfectly fine.

Smoking weed as a Soulaan is actually a cultural thing. It's seen as a way for us to relax and ease our minds and even connect with our inner selves. We consider it a gift from the universe/god(s) depending on what you worship. (I scripted this for my own personal benefit to be honest but I also wanted to give more meaning to it than just to get high even though that's perfectly cool too.)

Many Soulaans can sense, see, or even taste someone's or something's emotions. Of course, that person or thing can easily hide their feelings when necessary. Emotions are especially apparent with things that are dead. Soulaans can tell when something has died suffering or in pain and those emotions can stick to us. it can be a very disheartening ability but makes Soulaans very good at listening to others and being empathetic.

Soulaans have many cultural outfits and dances that are inspired both by our American culture (ballet, majorette, breakdancing, etc) and multiple African cultures. Most of the outfits are very flamboyant and flowy while also being soft and airy. These outfits and dances mainly came to fruition after the Soulaans in Soulaa had their souls healed and rejoiced by creating outfits, music, art (paintings, tapestries, masks, instruments, relics, etc), and dances that represented the relief and joy and clarity they felt.

Funerals in Soulaan culture are more like celebrations instead of mourning ceremonies. We see someone dying as their time on earth being over and that their soul has returned to it's rightful place in the afterlife, free from their physical limitations (their body.) So instead of wearing all black or white and playing this sad music, Soulaans instead wear bright colors (like bright red, yellow, etc) and dance and sing and eat with the casket in the center of the ceremony. Shoes usually aren't worn during the ceremony but you can wear them. It's just more meaningful to take them off. Before the casket is taken and lowered into the ground or the ocean or wherever, the funeral attendees will open the casket and sing a song of faith, hope, and love to the dead body as a last farewell. Finally, the family of the deceased will place three red flowers into the casket and if the deceased had a lover (or lovers), they would place one white one. As the casket is lowered down or sent off, the funeral attendees hold hands and hum together. After that's over, all of the attendees turn and walk away in silence, hand-in-hand, until they're at least ten feet away from the casket out of respect. After they're away, that's when they talk and stuff and the ceremony's officially over.

In Soulaan culture, it's said that if it rains on the day of your wedding or on the day of a funeral, that means that your wedding will be very strong and full of love and fruition while for funerals, that means that the deceased has fully passed on and that they're observing the funeral ceremony in the afterlife with joy and are thanking the attendees.

"If you can be the best, then why not try to be the best?"Garrett Morgan