Chapter 11

"Get up." Was the first thing she heard in the early hours. Her eyes barely had time to open before her whole body was thrown off the mattress. She groaned before glaring at him. She didn't even hear him come into the room. Her mind must've been extremely tired from little to no sleep.

"Don't make me repeat myself." After hearing him grow impatient she reluctantly stood up. Yuzuriha's whole body was feeling a lot better and not sore or in pain from the day prior.

She took a small glance at him. Sukuna looked a bit different with his black kimono not tied around him like usual. Tattoos showed all up his torso, and arms. He decided that his kimono would be loosely draped behind him instead. He held two weapons with his lower arms that she had never seen before. The smaller weapon looked like two-sided tridents, with prongs on both ends of a shaft. The other one looked more like a three-bladed staff. Was he leaving somewhere and bringing her with him?

"W-Where are we going?"

Yuzuriha bit the inside of her cheek as he spoke again. "I was invited to attend some worthless festival for their peace and as their god to pray to. You're not staying here, you will be coming with me." He thinks of himself above humans even though he is a human himself but more evolved and majestic.

She only gave him a nervous nod following him out of the room closely behind. Uraume was coming as well and they looked irritated to see her.

Yuzuriha has gone to the harvest festival before, but that was before her mother died. Even though the pastries and rice dumplings have been the reason she went with her mother. She could vaguely remember how excited she would be to taste the food.

However, it would be the first time in over 10 years going to the annual harvest festival. There are other festivals that happen throughout the year, but of course, it has to be the harvest festival that strikes her sentimental memories with her mother.

______________

A woman ran back to the city of Heian-kyo capital of Japan looking for anyone she could recognize. Her attire was mostly shredded and had rips in it, but her body was mostly covered.

She looked around the large capital confusedly seeing all the nearby passengers were giving her strange looks. Her mind was beginning to slowly shut down as panic arose in her chest.

She barely could move any longer from running nonstop. Her hands gripped a nearby building praying someone would come help her. "A-Akiko?" Her heart finally sped up as she turned around to see where the voice came from.

Sato Kamo. Who was shopping in the main part of town for food but happened to notice Akiko in distress.

"We... we w-were ambushed in t-the middle of the n-night. I-I cannot e-explain it h-here." Sato took hold of her arm for her to lean on him.

"The girl? Where is she?" He grew concerned but he already knew the answer to that.

Akiko swallowed hard, "t-take me t-to see m-master T-Tengen..." he hurried off helping her walk towards their hidden sorcery base near the outside of north Heian-kyo. He was worried about how she survived but maybe her infinity took most of the impact and passed out. Or was presumed dead?

Soon he will get to know the answer.

_____________

"How far is this festival?" It looked like she was going back towards Yamato province where Sukuna met the Fujiwara clan leader who was a submissive dog begging for his life. Yuzuriha doesn't know about what happened after she ran for her life.

Sukuna was growing irritated by her voice each second. She was trying to even talk to Uraume who wanted nothing to do with her. Sukuna found her jabbering into their ears to be a nuisance. Is she playing some game?! "Have you always been this annoying?" he scowled without even looking at her. He wouldn't admit it but when she gets tongue-tied from his harsh comments she makes this shy embarrassed face that looks amusing to poke fun at. He liked seeing more of that expression.