Part 2, Chapter 3

"Warnings"

I laid on a simple bed when the door to my solitary confinement opened. I looked up finding one of the other six I met. "Sit up. You should eat something," he said this in a cool tone as he gently handed me a plate. I immediately started eating & was in shock by how good the food was. 

This seemed to please the person as he grinned. "장준 씨, 음식 좋아요? 제가 직접 요리했습니다." (Like the food, Jangjun ? I cooked it myself.) I nodded as I thought over everything I began to learn yesterday. Just what exactly is Syn.D hiding from the world ? Why does Yujin hyung seem so worried about my safety ? "The food is really good. Thank you, Jin sunbae..." 

He didn't correct me as he probably didn't mind being called hyung. But either way he probably didn't care. I am not that close to him yet. I also left while they still trained yesterday. "Why did you not make curfew, Jangjun ya ? Still getting used to Ophelia City ?"

I sighed as I sat the food on the small end table beside me. "Everything is still new to me, sunbae... I fear that I made the decision to come here too hastily..." Jin nodded as he gestured for me to eat a bit more. "You need to be careful, Jangjun. Ophelia City may be safe, but that doesn't stop enemies from taking our operatives hostage..."

This was a clear warning. I paused for a second only to cover it with a smile, "진선배 씨, 솔직히 제가 왜 두려워해야 돼요? 여기가 제일 안전한 곳입니다." (Jin sunbae, be honest. Why would I need to fear anything ? This city is the safest place to be.) The look on Jin' face said a lot & also said nothing at the same time. He was warning me, but was not willing to give me any reason. He deeply sighed as he gestured to the practically empty solitary room. "I am just looking out for you as your hyung. Sometimes it is best you stick to the rules."

"What happens if you don't follow the rules ? Something worse than solitary ?", I asked just wanting a bit of confirmation. Jin shrugged this off as we soon made our way to begin our training.

Training commenced for six hours while being supervised by Dr. Lee. I couldn't let the warning my older brother told me & in hyung as well. Something was definitely going here & I want to see how deep this goes...

I waited until lights out to get into the lab. I didn't have much time. I quickly got over Dr. Lee' desk. I picked up the first file I could get my hands. I felt sick as I reread the page I was looking at. It was about the dome surrounding the city. It was holding something in...

 I snapped a picture when someone cleared their throat behind me. "What are you doing, Eight ? Looking at Dr. Lee' classified files, are we ?" He addressed me by my codename only. 

I closed the file as I coughed. "음, 윤기 선배님... 들켰네요. 오필리아 시티를 둘러싼 돔에 있는 노트였어요. 뭐든지 공유해 주실 수 있나요?" (Um, Yoongi sunbae... You've caught me. It was notes on the dome surrounding Ophelia City. Can you share anything with me ?) He rolled his eyes as he pinned me to a nearby wall. His eyes were cold as he said his next words slowly. 

"Shut up. Now. You won't get any answers from me, Kid." Nothing else was discussed before he made sure I got back to my room. Glaring as he left, of course. My heart was beating fast as I sat down looking at the picture. The only thought on my mind was simple. What was the dome holding inside Ophelia City ?