"The Rise of the Infected"

August 7th, 1986:

Remember when I mentioned that if something was to happen I'd write all about it. I guess I was right. But it was not what I was expecting to happen at all. But I guess I'll explain it anyways.

August 7th, 1986: 6:23Am

I was sitting in the lounge room with the family eating breakfast and were looking through the channels on the television. We settled on the news. It was straight after we turned onto the news channel there was a broadcast talking about a virus that was around and it was infecting over 200 people in the last few hours and the numbers are still rising. Then a message came from the Sodor government advising every citizen on Sodor to seek medical attention if we come down with any symptoms which are the following.

- Major cramps in the body.
- Extreme temperatures.
- Extreme bloodshot eyes.
- Consistent vomiting.
- Extreme dizziness in the head.

Then that became our main topic for us now. We decided to keep a closful eye on each other incase if we start to show any of us had signs of the virus.

August 7th, 1986: 7:45Am

Alright I'm on the way to work now and the wife has gone to drop off the kids to school. As I was driving along the road I couldn't stop thinking about this virus thing. It became such a bad distraction to me that I almost drove into oncoming traffic, which I quickly avoided a crash. I decided for the rest of the trip to the Little Western I keep my mind off the virus and decided to focus on getting to work.

August 7th, 1986: 9:56Am

The remainder of the trip was pretty much uneventful and made it to work and got Douglas ready for the amount of days work we are going to do today. So I'm not going to write much today. Probably I'll write on my lunch break I'll write again. But as from now and until my lunch break, I'll do my work.

August 7th, 1986: 12:23Pm

I'm having my break now and I've got a lot to say as somethings have been happening in the last few hours today.

We were at the junction with a goods train and were waiting for the express to go by and then we'll be able to go on with our train. As we waited. The sound of distant sirens can be heard and thundering around the corner on the road. Several emergency vehicles shot pass with their sirens blaring out loud. We saw they were heading the direction of Brendam. I have no idea what they need so many emergency services but whatever happened I do hope that everything will be alright. Soon, Gordon thundered pass and as the signal changed to green we slowly headed off with our goods train.

We arrived at Tidmouth station with our train and we saw Molly getting a refill at the water tower. She seemed to be deep in thought. Douglas asked her what was wrong and Molly told him everything that happened today.

 Douglas asked her what was wrong and Molly told him everything that happened today