𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

Y/N woke up at exactly 6:40AM once her phone alarm went off, reaching out for it and turning it off. It was now her second day, she wouldn't let herself be late or have any other distractions come near her. It was now going to be more busy.

Y/N fussed with her hair as she got up, wiping the sleep away from her eyes and getting ready. She had to be on time for today.

She did her usual morning routine, taking a quick shower, having a cup of coffee and being on her way, collecting her things and went off to work.

Meanwhile, back at Shabandar Media...  (I apologize if this feels a bit rushed🤡🤡)

Lionel was back in his office, pacing and muttering to himself about his next meeting that he would have to attend.

Until he had calmed himself down once he saw a cab stop by and his assistant stepping out of it just at the right time, and the fact that she will be by his side during the meeting like he told her.

"Your lordship, your assistant Y/N is right on time, sir. She isn't too late for sure, is she, sir?" Said a young woman who had opened Shabandar's office door.

He cleared his throat before telling her,

"Call her in, She really is right one time. I will be needing her this morning. " The woman nodded and left off to escort Y/N in.

Lionel sat back in his chair, looking out his window before he heard the door open and was met with Y/N, who was neatly dressed and proper.

"Good morning, Lionel. You wanted to see me." Y/N said as she sat her bag down on a table and sat in front of Shabandar, facing him.

"Yes, indeed, Y/N, I was. How was your evening last time, was it nice, did you meet somebody?"

Y/N gave him a slightly puzzled look as this was something she would never expect from him, she cleared her throat, trying to politely answer his question,

"Why, it was alright, sir. But, I don't know what you meant by 'meeting someone'. I wasn't. I was just on my way home that time, sir, why ask that?"

"Oh, why it's nothing important, Y/N. It's merely a question, dear, no need to explain. I was just asking after all. Now, I feel as though we should focus on the main conference for today, yes?" Y/N nodded.

"Of course, sir, certainly."

They had a chat about the upcoming meeting Lionel will be having later, regarding his financial profits and keeping them in check, as well as keeping the competitors out of his way. Not wanting them to 'intervene' in his plans as he puts it.

Y/N didn't think of this as a poor idea, why would she? It does seem to benefit his company and she'll stick by his side by any means necessary.

Though, during the whole talk, she did find Lionel to be quite flattering indeed. Perhaps Ophelia was right about her attraction towards him.

The way he spoke was something, Y/N could barely focus while she was taking down some important notes. And he seemed to notice this too, merely in her head as she act quick not wanting him to notice this act.

Y/N did indeed find herself admiring him when he didn't even notice (At least not for long.), and wondering how he was doing this to her. Lionel almost felt like a mystery, a mystery that only himself knows about and how he remains as such.

By the end of their discussion, they had come to an agreement and a few notes on how he could manage it out, appreciating each other's assistance and advice for one another.

"So, I suppose our discussion ends here, L/N.. It has been a pleasure having this time with you." Y/N smiled agreeably.

"Don't mention it, Lionel. I am only doing my job, it is my duty as an assistant of yours after all. " Lionel smirked, if not that, smiled. A smile that Y/N had never once seen before that actually looked genuine. (If not a bit uncharacteristic for the man, given his prideful demeanor.)

He stood up from his chair and took Y/N's left hand in his,

"And you do seem to take this seriously, L/N. Always so reasonable.." He then placed his other hand on the back of Y/N's, before checking the time at the exact moment.

"Aha.. Alright then, we should be on time by now, come along, L/N. We, sorry, I have a meeting to attend don't forget."

"Yes, Lionel, sir. Whatever you say.." They walked out of the office and into one of his many business meetings that he has had for years. And Y/N just standing by his side the whole time as the many of Lionel's trusted employees talked about the many ways to further improve the Shabandar name.

Lionel, who seemed focus the entire meeting, has had eyes on his assistant as she would obey the certain requests he would ask her, and how she would manage the rest of the works. He tried to focus on his image to the men in the room trying to look, intimidating, but his eyes couldn't escape Y/N, he knew how she views him, and he knows about her slight attraction. He's seen the signs.

A little later after the meeting...

"Well done on that, sir!"

"Yes, yes, I understand, now back to work. Surely this'll keep them out of the picture." Lionel said as slowly, each of the employees started to leave the room.

Lionel was a tad bit upset half way through the meeting, as Y/N had told him earlier ago that she needed to sort out a few things like a bunch of important emails or a few other files too. He understood her as she was an assistant, yes, but he was really enjoying her company that tume.

"Mr. Shabandar?" One of his employees asked, making Lionel stutter a bit at his words.

"Are you feeling alright, sir? You look a bit uneven." Lionel cleared his throat.

"Sorry, uh, yes, I am a bit dazed that's all. Just get back to what you were doing, Kyle..."

Lionel made his way out of the meeting room and went bursting into his office and setting down on his chair, crossed legged.

Then, the receptionist just right outside peaked in and called out to him,

"Sir? Is everything alright there? Could I get you Y/N L/N.. Sir.." The woman seemed nervous.

Lionel sighed and got out a piece of paper from his pocket and passed it to the woman.

"Give this to L/N, as well as the rest of her post and remind her to meet me here at once.. " The woman merely nodded and went out, not wanting to further upset him.

Lionel sat back in his chair, hoping that his aim would turn out to be a success for him later on.