Characters Backstory

Characters

Ava Sinclair was born into a life of privilege in New York City during the Great Depression era. Tragedy struck early in her life when both of her parents fell victim to the rampant and devastating disease of the time - tuberculosis. This left her orphaned at a young age, with a substantial trust fund her parents had managed to secure for her, making her one of the wealthiest individuals during those challenging times.

Ava's life as an orphan left her untethered and fiercely independent. She reveled in her newfound freedom, embracing her unconventional desires. Drawn to the captivating world of burlesque, she saw it as a haven for self-expression and discovery. The stage became her sanctuary, where she could shed her inhibitions and reveal her true self. Her body became a canvas for tattoos, each inked image symbolizing a piece of her complex identity.

Within the lively and seductive world of burlesque, Ava's magnetic charm and beauty made her a sensation. She was a favorite among both the audience and her fellow performers, commanding attention wherever she went. Suitors pursued her relentlessly, but Ava, uninterested in the conventions of romantic relationships, maintained her emotional distance. Her ambition was boundless, and she possessed an uncanny ability to attain her desires, regardless of the consequences.

It was within the smoky embrace of the burlesque world that she crossed paths with Cillian O'Connor, an Irish immigrant with a unique talent for tattoo artistry. Their connection was immediate and profound, and their love blossomed despite their vastly different backgrounds. However, Ava's relentless pursuit of eternal youth and life led her down a dark path, ultimately pushing her to make a heart-wrenching choice that forever altered the course of her life and her relationship with Cillian.

Cillian O'Connor

Cillian O'Connor, born and raised in the heart of Ireland, was a charming and beloved figure in his small village. His magnetic personality, quick wit, and natural talent for storytelling made him a favorite among the locals. But beneath his charismatic exterior, Cillian had always harbored dreams of a different life.

From a young age, Cillian was known for his strong work ethic. He helped his family tend to their farm and was considered one of the most diligent workers in the community. Yet, he carried a deep passion for the arts, often spending his spare moments sketching and dreaming of becoming a painter or an actor. His artistic spirit was as vibrant as the emerald hills of his homeland.

Although he was admired and sought after by many in his village, Cillian's heart remained steadfastly uninterested in romantic pursuits. He was known to be a bit gullible when it came to matters of love, often believing that true love existed only in the realm of his dreams.

This steadfastness in matters of the heart was put to the test when he crossed paths with Ava Sinclair, the enigmatic burlesque dancer with a penchant for rebellion. Their connection was immediate and profound, and it was evident to everyone who knew Cillian that he had truly fallen in love. His unshakable commitment to Ava would prove to be both a source of strength and vulnerability as their love story unfolded.