Chapter 1

Engfa walked into her home and cleaned up. She looked around as if she was looking for someone.

Engfa:I guess she's not coming back tonight. (Calls someone)

?:Hello?

Engfa:Hey Aoom! Are you coming back tonight?

Aoom:Mai. Snack got drunk so I promised to watch her tonight.

Engfa:It's okay I promise. I'm assuming I'll see you tomorrow?

Aoom:Chai mae khǎaw-thôot na.

Engfa:It's okay na. (Softly smiles) I'll see you tomorrow. Love you na.

Aoom:I love you too na. (Hangs up)

Engfa sighed before her doorbell rung and went to her door and smiled.

Engfa(smiles):Sawasdee kha Tina!

Tina:Sawadee kha P'Fa. I brought you an early birthday present!

Engfa:Hm what is it?

Tina(pulls out a bottle): Mekhong Whiskey!

Engfa(smiles):Oh yeah? Should we pour ourselves some glass then?

Tina(takes off her shoes and walks inside):Yeah of course. What are you doing tomorrow for your birthday?

Engfa:Just chill. You know I really don't celebrate my birthday. Plus I'm turning 28 tomorrow I just want to chill and settle for an relationship you know. (Pours Tina a glass) it's only been us. I know your probably seeing someone which I understand.

Tina:I'll always be with You Engfa no matter what.

Engfa:Don't drink too much! You have to get back home na.

Tina:I'll stay with you until midnight so at least I can be the first person to tell you happy birthday na.

Tina and Engfa took more shots until the clock striked 12am. Tina sung happy birthday for Engfa before getting her a taxi home. Engfa put on her night close and fell asleep. In the morning Engfa put on her sports bra and her running pants. Engfa put on her AirPods and headed outside. She put her phone in her pocket and checked her watch. Engfa walked out of her house and locked the door. It was 6:30am slightly still dark outside. Engfa started to jog and was focusing on her breathing. After an hour of jogging Engfa took a break and sip from her water. A lady approached Engfa making Engfa slightly jumped from not seeing her.

Engfa:Geez! You scared me!

Lady:Omo! I'm sorry ma'am I didn't mean to.

Engfa:Your not from here are you?

Lady:Ani. I'm from Korea.

Engfa(bows):Welcome to Thailand na.

Lady:Thank you. Why are you running so early in the morning for?

Engfa:It's my birthday and I'll be spending it alone so I thought I should just run this morning. I've been alone for alone 20 years now. I just turned 28 and I haven't heard from my friend all day since she left.

Lady:How would I like to be in world were you won't feel alone?

Engfa(smiles):I would love that but this is our world.

Lady(gives Engfa a bottle):Drink this before you go to sleep tonight. Think of this as a birthday gift. There is one consequence that you have to understand before you take that.