ONE SHOT / Disdained by one soul, embraced by another

Summary;  In a critical moment, during Seek's chase an error introduced itself. Both hallways intertwined, when they shouldn't have.

Perhaps that's what the stars wished for.

A/N

this was a request from my friend, that was supposed to be stupid but i accidently wrote an actual one shot. oopsie daisy.

it can be read as both romantic or platonic, whatever you think fits them better.

/////////////

A bone-chilling sound reverberated through the darkened hallway, shattering the silence, as the bookcase crashed down onto the floor, blocking the way with its heavy, hardcover books. The blasting storm outside of the windows filled the air with cacophony, as the person driven by panic fastened their speed with urgency, rushing through the rooms even swifter than they thought they could. Just one wrong move, and it was over.

Perhaps, that was all the inky creature dearly hoped for; for the player to miscalculate their speed, to throw themselves into the vortex of their own failures. After all, they thought themselves worthy of taking their chances at escaping this cursed hotel. They must have been confident about themselves, enough to even consider laying their feet upon that elevator.

What an offense it was towards him, for a soul to even dare challenge the vile entity. And what a disgrace for such a divine monster it would be, to let them even only disappear from his field of vision.

Hopefully, that was not to happen. He believed in his mastery, and his skills reaching the navy sky. It was not the first challenger he would catch, and it certainly wasn't going to be the last.

Seek rushed at them with confidence, the floor creaked as if it was about to break, the little ink droplets marking his steps. He kept pressing forward, his pace filled with glowing determination.

Just a few centimeters more, he could do this, the player was already gasping in exhaustion.

A turn to the left, as he ran through the door shimmering blue. That pesky entity , always in his way. He wished it would play fair for once, but to wish was all he could do.

The human glanced behind their back, they were face to face with the abominable thing. Their heart pounding as if it was about to explode, and turn their once flawless body into a shapeless pile of flesh and blood. Seeing another sparkling door, they jumped inside with the very little strength they had left, hoping for it to be the last one.

It was finally the moment he so desperately awaited. Without a second thought, he bursted into the room, certain of his triumph.

Perhaps, his expectations didn't meet reality... But how could he predict that to happen?

The player fell onto their knees, trying to catch their breath. They had no more stamina to push through. Seek could have snapped them in half right then, yet he let the silence overwhelm them instead, as he froze in confusion.

...

"Halt?" Was all he could force out of himself, as he awkwardly stared at the other entity in the dimly lit hallway. A subtle green glow from their eyes radiated through the place, the silent contemplation was all they could read from Seek's facial expression.

"Seek?" Their voice muddled up with harsh static noise. "Mind explaining your presence?" A gentle, yet violent question it truly was. None of them seemed to be aware of the situation they were put into.

"Do enlighten me, what are you doing here ?!" He shouted with frustration, putting little to no attention to the world surrounding him. The player, like a shadow embrace, seized the opportunity to flee and with no hesitation, strolled to the exit, unnoticeably evaporating from the room.

None of the entities have noticed, as their focus was directed onto finding resolution to the problem, and solving the mystery. Halt glanced around their surroundings, lightening up the darkened corners with their soft glow, as they took a second to calculate their exact position in the hotel. Seek's anger was justified, they really were in the wrong place. But how could that be possible?

"I pledge, I carry on with my work, the same as always. I haven't changed a thing." They explained themselves. If they had arms, they would shrug. "Perhaps, Glitch got fired, and there is a lack of a replacement." They speculated.

...

Well, that was just great. He unknowingly permitted the player to leave, and on top of that, was now unable to endure his chores.

"...What now? It's not worth it, to still run after that human, I am sure that another entity already lurks at them in this crowded hotel."

"That depends" The static noise seemed to hush down a little, as the stress from both of them slowly evaporated. Nothing to chase, nothing to worry about.

"Depends on what." Seek folded his arms, staring at the ghost. The blinking eyes in every corner echoed through the dark hallway, reflecting the glow from their black pupils. Barely a few seconds of silence, yet they passed endlessly.

"May my hours be graced by your presence today?"

"If you haven't guessed, based on the fact that I am unable to continue my work, absolutely. Not a sorrow in my heart, though."

His response seemed to cheer up the lonely entity. It has been a while since they were accompanied by another soul. Not that it bothered them, their withdrawal and isolation were purely out of choice. Yet it felt pleasing, to know that today was to be different.

They both sat down, leaned against a wall. There was nowhere to go, this one bloody hallway had to fulfill their expectations. Perhaps they would wish, they weren't prisoners of this hexed place. The storm was the only thing they ever heard, or ever saw behind the windows. It seemed to never end, it was timelessly stuck in a loop.

"Do you like the rain?" Seek asked, staring at the water droplets, hitting the glass loudly. Sometimes he wished the storm would stop, so he would be greeted with silence for once, or perhaps with the warmth of the sunlight.

"I love the rain." Their voice was like a melody, gently spreading through the room.

"Why? I can't stand it, to be the only thing that I ever hear." He frowned his brow. It was a unique response, at least from an entity.

"I grew to adore it, the longer I spent in its presence. It calms the spirit inside of me, it soothes my pains." Halt stood up, slightly tilting the window, welcoming the symphony of the rainfall inside. The distant echo of the thunder sank into the air, blending in with the white noise.

He lent an ear into the cadence of the rain, aspiring to understand, yet the eerie of the crying navy sky was unsettling enough. The deep, otherworldly rumbling of the thunder was felt as much as it was heard.

"I hate it." Was his immediate response. "It's frustrating, the awareness that it's going to be there for the next eternity. I can't stand to listen to these heaven's screams infinitely."

"I am comforted to know that it will never leave. It gives me a sense of stability, even if it's a thunderstorm. It's an ethereal melody I could dance to eternally. " A crystal clear voice, once again blessed Seek's ears. Such a charming tune it was, yet hidden as a sacred treasure always is.

"I guess I can see the appeal of that..." He let out a soft sigh, melancholy breeze leaving his heart. "I just wish it wouldn't be here forever."