Chapter 38

I approached the stairs slowly. My hands were holding my own wrists that were bleeding all over the place. Even my own touch made my cuts stings, but I could easily push through it.

While going down the stairs, I did my best to move quietly and avoid the squeaky steps. I could hear distant yelling that grew louder the closer I got. As much as I wanted to go that way, I know there's a much smarter way of doing this than just going in with nothing.

So I went the opposite way, with a plan of course. I went to the kitchen and swiped one of the cutting knives. It was dull and didn't look as useful as I would hope, but it's better than nothing.

I put the knife in my pocket, trying to keep it hidden. I placed my shirt over the top of my pocket, so it was well hidden.

The second I was ready, I followed the shouting sounds. Just the room over, I found out what was happening. Just as I thought, the victim got his hands on one of Hoyt's guns. I don't know how that happened or how he even accomplished that, but it doesn't matter right now.

"You got out? Come here, I'll protect you." The victim noticed me at the door. He kept the gun trained on the entire Hewitts family. Keeping an eye on each one of them. I could exit with this man. I could try again and start a new life after all of the trauma and fear I've experienced here. The light was just above the horizon with this new opportunity.

I thought that until I saw Thomas. His eyes were filled with a mix of fear and rage. I know he was getting protective over me and wanted this man dead. I can't move on without Tommy.

I ran over behind him, watching the gun closely. Thomas was in the front on the floor, and his wounded leg was bleeding through the bandage. I felt a chill go down my spine when I noticed Hoyt's glare going my way. The victim held the gun aimed straight at Thomas's head. Just the sight instantly sent me into a panic.

"There's a way we can go out the back." I spoke up quickly before he could pull the trigger. My hand grabbed onto the victims arm, holding onto it and guiding it downwards.

"Let's kill these fuckers first, they don't deserve life after everything they've done." He turned to look at me, trying to get me on his side.

"You can't..." I grabbed onto his wrist and pulled it down with my left hand. My right hand grabbed the knife from my back pocket and stabbed directly into the man's side.

He let out a painful scream as he dropped the gun. The look of betrayal flashed over his face as he slowly fell down to his knees. The Hewitts moved quickly, each one moving from their once terrible position into a much more powerful one.

I watched as the life drained from the man's eyes. I don't know what I stabbed, but it killed him quickly. His body landed on the floor with a thunk. The knife glided out of him and stayed in my tight fist.

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I stared at the limp body. I killed someone. I was the entire reason this man just died.

My hand clamped onto my mouth as I watched the man take his last breath. It was over. The threat was gone and yet I have been freshly traumatized once more. There is officially no way I could escape the Hewitts. I'm a part of them. An official murderer. My arms and legs started to shake as what I had just done dawned on me.

"Congratulations. As far as I'm concerned, you're officially a Hewitt." Hoyt placed a hand on my shoulder with a tight grip.

Thomas basically pushed Hoyt out of the way and grabbed onto me. He pulled me into a tight hug. So tight I could barely breathe. I could feel his hand go on the back of my head and the other around my waist. His breathing was fast, but it slowly started to calm down.

I closed my eyes into the hug, tightly wrapping my arms around Thomas. He was what was giving me oxygen right now. He made the memory that was just created go away. Hoyt was right, I am officially a Hewitt.

~○~

A/N
Heyyyy
I can't believe this is the final chapter of this book.
I can't even explain how happy I am that you all read the entire thing and stayed with me through each chapter.
I'll continue to write new books and, of course, continue the other ones I'm working on.
I love you and thank you :)

🎉 You've finished reading 🄼🄸🅂🅄🄽🄳🄴🅁🅂🅃🄾🄾🄳 Thomas Hewitt X Reader 🎉