Descent

"I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Even something as simple as spite, can become the most powerful drive in the hands of a strong-willed man." NasuadaNightingale

Bold: Important note to the story

Italic: Important message to a specific character or event

"Message" Inhuman Speech

"Message" Speech

'Message' Thought's

|Boom!| Noise/sound effect

The video and image above are something I added because they are what helped me shape this story into what it will be.

The video will explain what Ruby is based on in this book.

As for the image? Well, that's what she looks like after accepting her true self.

Once this chapter is finally finished; I have one thing to say to all of you once said by Bryan Cranston..........

"You have no idea what's coming."

-----------------------------------------------

Scene Segment: Deceiving Devilry

"Ruby.......I know what you are now." Those words had Ruby's mind racing and panicking, her thoughts going a thousand miles per minute to figure out if he father found out her secret and how.

'Calm down Ruby. You need to play the fool like you did with Ozpin.' Deep breath in, deep breath out, that calmed Ruby enough to talk to her father without slipping up.

This was not something she could brush off, for if her father knew about her secret.....he was a threat to her and her newfound plans to rule. If her plans succeeded, she would rule until the end of days, for she had eternity to do so.

Yet, those same plans were being threatened before they had truly even begun.

"What are you talking about Dad?" Ruby controlled her voice to have both confusion and apprehension mixed into it, doing her best since she was still new to doing such a thing.

"Don't lie to me Ruby. You know what I'm talking about, or do I need to mention your new feeding habits?" A deep growl built in Ruby's throat at the mention of her feeding habits.

'He must have found out somehow.....but how did he? How do I manipulate them into thinking I'm not evil? Maybe I can....what was that condition people could have? I think it was called Dissociative identity disorder? Perhaps I can make them think vampires have a Primal and instinctual side they can't control?' The corner of her lips stretched upwards at that idea, for it wasn't necessarily a lie.

As a Vampire, Ruby did have those kinds of malicious instincts; to dominate, devour, and destroy. She loved having them now, but her father and uncle didn't know that, and she'll keep it that way until she got stronger.

Now she had to use her acting skills once more, twisting the truth and utter lies to her whim, twining it around her finger with sinister gracefulness. Ruby had done it twice now, and the third times the charm as they say.

"I didn't want to do that Dad! I...I...I...lost control of myself!" Adding a hint of anguish and venom to the speech made it seem more vitriol, adding another layer of believability to her words.