Chapter 1: The Letter

Mrs. Eraqus stepped out of the door of her modest home to breathe in the warm
and wonderful summer breeze.It had been quite a while since she felt the warmth and peaceful atmosphere after the events that took place in hers and the rest of her family's lives. It had been a whole year since her eldest son had ran away from home, and he hadn't been heard from ever since. It has also been three years since Lord Voldemort disappeared, leaving an orphan boy. Harry Potter,she thought sadly, we hope you're doing fine.

Suddenly, a small figure flying towards Mrs. Eraqus from the front door brought out of her thoughts. An owl had arrived. A beautiful barn owl had landed and perched itself on top of a flower pot that was nearest to the door it had an enveloped letter in its beak. "Is that-?" she asked approaching the bird. Taking it from the bird and stroking its feathers as thank you, it left. When she saw who the letter was addressed to,she smiled.

"Jalar!" called Mrs.Eraqus from the door to the staircase that led to the upstairs bedrooms. "Zonney!" she called out. A house-elf had apparated to the front door. She had large tennis ball eyes of grass green, olive skin and bat-like ears and a long, thin, pointed nose that was like a pencil. Unlike many house-elves that served wizarding families, she wore a children's size t-shirt with pants. She served the Eraqus family out of gratitude.
"Zonney at your service," she said in a high squeaky voice, bowing.
"Could you please set some breakfast up for Jalar" asked Mrs Eraqus.
Zonney bowed again. "At once, Alvera!" and with that, she apparated to the kitchen. Zonney was the only house-elf that called every member of the family by their names instead of 'master' or 'mistress'. The entire family was really fond of her.

"Jalar!" yelled Mrs Eraqus a second time.
"Yes," replied Jalar, half asleep. He was about to fall asleep again when he heard mumbling."What? Say again!" He was now quarter-awake. "I said you have a letter from Hogwarts." Mrs Eraqus said with a tone of pride.

With the excitement that could match a Seeker when they catch the Golden Snitch, Jalar jumped out of bed and bolted down the stairs as fast as he could. He couldn't contain his excitement. Jalar had turned 11 years old today He was eagerly waiting for this day to happen he was checking off days until his 11th birthday

"Easy, Easy!" laughed Mrs Eraqus as Jalar ran right into her midsection. She was a beautiful witch with brown almost ebony skin that flowed with radiance, low cheekbones, thick lips, a well-toned build and bright yellow eyes like a hawk. She had long black hair that would lighten in hue when exposed to sunlight after a short amount of time. All that made her look like a mythical elf and people would look at her with awe.

She was wearing a thick red bathrobe and slippers and her long hair was tied up in a single knot. She was trying her best to not fall from how hard Jalar had ran into her.

"Where is it? Where's is it?!" Jalar said with excitement.
"Merlin's beard, Alvera!"said a deep voice that belonged to Mr Eraqus."Give him his letter before he wets himself with excitement." "Dad!" blushed Jalar."Alright Baxter" replied Mrs Eraqus.
"Jalar"called Mr Eraqus, "open the letter in the kitchen where your mother and I can hear you read it."
"OK", said Jalar.
"But no running "
Jalar then sped walked into the kitchen with Mrs Eraqus following him.

The smell of coffee filled the kitchen as Jalar entered in his chair by the table and was reading the Daily Prophet as Jalar entered.
He was a handsome wizard with pale skin and short straight dark brown hair, hazel brown eyes high cheekbones and thin build. Putting his paper on the table and took a sip of his coffee.
He turned to Jalar, smiled and said "Go on, open it."
Jalar sat down and opened the letter as his mother sat down to drink her cup of coffee.
Jalar pulled two papers from the envelope read the first page aloud: