Chapter 17: Buoy

"No matter how prepared you are, there is still someone that will drive you to stutter, moreover spill a coffee to yourself"

🏊‍♂️Buoy🏊‍♀️

...^-^......^-^......^-^......^-^...

"I have big news." From the sound of it, Ms. Aelyza made it clear that it was big by bringing a heavy voice on the word. "It depends, actually, if you see it as bad news or good news. So, I'll just say it's a big news."

Circling up again Indian seated on the stage while the usual cold atmosphere blew each strand of my hair. Currently hugging my bag as I slouch forward with my mind setting up a focus aura toward the discussion.

I wasn't that attentive and shocked to Ms. Aelyza along her extravagant lesson-learned training activities. Especially when she say something in a suspense or thrilling tone. Once, she said something about a big news and it turned out to be just her sharing the excitement about her having a hair treatment the day after. Even better, she said something about good news and it turned out to be her second favorite band will be having their concert near the city.

I'll be more excited if it was the band I look up to. Speaking of them, I haven't seen any updates from their music these days since last month.

"There will be no division contest," depressing tone from Ms. Aelyza.

Silence entered the scene. It may be because of the tinted confusion from everybody. Or maybe they just didn't understand. I do, also—didn't understand in the first moments.

From what she implied, there will be no contest for the division. No one against the city schools. In which it made me confused, too. Would that mean the competition is canceled? Maybe because of a weather warning or change in schedule?

She squinted a smile. "I can't take it any longer! You six are up for regionals...!"

"Already!?" I let out a look of puzzlement with an overbearing shock. I looked at everyone along an expression of disbelief.

Sage was always so neutral-looking; he wasn't shocked nor placed an interest on the big news. It was a better reaction when it came to Rijo, his brows were brought up trying to match with my aghast look—soft and he beamed. Our eyes met which was euphemistic to 'I looked at everyone.' Three more seconds into his green eyes, I fended off.

"What does that mean?" Clarity's gum chewed off her syllables.

"Huh," exclaimed Noah in a lost tone.

"We actually don't deserve to skip to regionals," however, toneless and monotonous when Tori commented. It came as casual and satire so majority wasn't bothered. "Especially the girl to my left," she added which made Clarity leered at her.

"The regional schools press conference already brought down a memo saying that journalists at Cipher University are exempted from the division. Reason number one: only few students joined; reason number two: we are privileged enough to be one of the quality schools who produce great journalists every year. I don't actually know what that means but it is what it is. So, no more arguments, just receive the great blessings given to us by our dear region...And just like that we entered regionals" She smiled. "And please don't say you're backing out," and with a puppy face.

I felt overwhelmed with the amount of words that came to my ears. Regardless, I understood each and I already moved on and made myself ready again.

"What is it again?" I heard Noah whispered questioning Tori.

"And instead of going to the division...all of you are invited to the seven-day Journalism Camp!" A smile of light came along.