Chapter Six

Two months later, Brianne found herself in a middle of a drinking game with Tig during Opie's welcome-back party. For the last two months as the prospect, she had learned to fix cars and bikes... relatively. Chibs had been set as her teacher because, according to Clay, the two of them seemed pretty close already. Brianne didn't think much of it but she did enjoy the Scotsman's company. The two of them bonded over their common birthplace, but it soon turned into quite some friendship. Well, it was friendship on his side, she assumed. For her, she seemed to be catching feelings for the handsome biker. And until this night, she wasn't completely sure those were true feelings. Not until she saw him with a croweater that night.

Jax's best friend since childhood and a Son has been in prison for the last five years and today was his release day. They had planned a huge welcome-back party, and the organization and planning were given to Gemma. Brianne had met Opie only shortly when he arrived, he didn't seem too thrilled with having a female prospect at first, but everyone assured her he would warm up to her just like everyone else had. So she decided to stay away from the man during that night and enjoy the party. She had been talking to Half-Sack at the bar when Tig approached them, and unprovoked made a comment about how 'Ginger can't hold her booze' since she had been telling Half-Sack how she didn't want to drink much that night, or she would have to crash at the Clubhouse. Of course, the said Ginger didn't like that comment, and that led her to a drinking game with the Sergeant at Arms.

Two shots later, Juice showed up, cheering for Tig. Half-Sack had been the referee and Brianne's supporter since the two of them had gotten pretty close during their prospecting over the last two months. No one paid much attention to them and she wondered why Tig or Juice weren't looking for a partner for the night, or why Half-Sack had been immersed in a conversation with her rather than flirting with one of the girls. But nevertheless, she was having fun and proving to Tig that her alcohol tolerance was quite high. She laughed as Tig downed a shot of tequila, half of the glass spilling all over him in the process. Until something caught her eye in the back.

On the couch, Chibs had a blonde croweater pressed against him, with his tongue sliding in her mouth and his hands all over her. She couldn't help feeling her heart drop down to her stomach. A pang of jealousy passed through her body like electricity and she imagined how it would be like if she was there in her place. But she shook the thought out of her head and focused back on the game she and Tig have been so endorsed in. Luckily, Tig had been refilling the line of glasses when she was staring at the scene unfolding behind him and didn't notice her looking. He was an observant bastard, he would have caught her looking if he wasn't distracted.

A few more shots later, she couldn't help casting glances over at the couple. Tig had noticed the distant look in her eyes and turned around. She mentally scolded herself for letting her jealousy get the best of her and staring, but it was too late now. Tig had seen what had her attention, and of course, Half-Sack and Juice were curious too. All three of them glanced from the couple having a heated make-out session back to Brianne, whose face was red. A smirk played on Tig's lips when he looked back at her. He nudged Juice, who stood near to him. „Looks like Ginger has her eyes on Scotty."

Juice chuckled, standing closer to Brianne and nudging her shoulder. „Someone's got a crush." He said. Brianne turned to him, almost seriously considering punching him - she was sober enough not to do it.

„We're just friends." She stated, but a blush crept up her cheeks and she couldn't hide it, which made the two Sons even more so inclined to tease her. „It's nothin' like that!" She stammered, trying to regain her composure.

„We've all seen the way you two look at each other, Bri." Suddenly Half-Sack joined in on the fun. Brianne looked at him, faking being offended. „Don't even try to deny it." He warned. Sometimes Brianne wondered why he was such a close friend to her, besides them prospecting together. There was a certain innocence about him and Brianne felt like she needed to protect him from the jaws of the MC. Yeah, there was a lot of fun being made of Half-Sack - most of them about him missing a nut because he got it blown off during service and got his nickname from.