001

In a world where soulmates exist, you are born with half a heart on your right wrist that would be completed when you kiss your soulmate. A bright glow will show whenever you and your soulmate kiss. There's no telling when you would meet your soulmate, but you'll eventually get pushed together somehow. Once you have completed your hearts, you'll be able to feel when your soulmate is in danger.

"Okay. Are you ready?"

"As much as you are."

They flipped the sign of the shop from closed to open with nervousness and excitement flowing through their body. Today is the day Jaemin and Jeno open their bakery, J&J's. They stared at each other, grinning ear to ear, awaiting their first customer. They did it. Their dream since they were kids.

Jeno and Jaemin met in university. They had the same major and shared a dorm room. They have been best friends ever since. They shared the same dream of opening a bakery, and they vowed to do it together since their sophomore year. Of course, there were ups and downs in their friendship. On one drunken night, they made a mistake of sleeping with each other. Of course, they did not dare to kiss each other during this heated session. It was tense between them for a while before Jeno suggested that they should just forget about it and continue being friends. These events repeated itself for a few times before both of them realized that they have feelings for each other in their junior year. Obviously, both of them didn't have enough courage to confess to the other.

As time passed, their feelings for each other only grew, leading up to today. The pair have finished school for a year already and are 23 now. And they have finally completed the promise they made to each other of opening a bakery together.

They stood behind the counter in silence as they wait for the first customer to walk through the glass doors. Adrenaline was rushing through their blood. 15 minutes have passed, their excitement have calmed down and they were now leaning on the counter and chatting quietly. They got startled when the bell of the entrance suddenly rang. They turned around to be met with a small boy with blonde hair in an all white casual outfit, looking completely ethereal.

Renjun walked into the newly opened store that is on the route he passes every day on his way to work. He walked over to the counter to take a look of the menu, not noticing the two workers's gaze on him.

"Can I—" Renjun began but stopped himself when he noticed the two attractive boys staring at him. One had blue hair matching his jeans while the other had black hair and was quite muscular. He blushed at their looks and their staring. He cleared his throat before speaking again. "C-can I get one French toast and one iced americano please?" he said, staring at the menu, not wanting to look at the men in front of him.

"Of course! Having here or to go?" Jaemin replied with a smile, clearly checking him out.

"Having here please." Renjun replied without looking up at the worker. Jaemin and Jeno noticed that the boy's accent wasn't quite fluent but it was still very good Korean.

"Alright that would be $12.45. You can have a seat over there and we'll call out your number." Jaemin said, handing the customer a receipt with the number one printed on it.

Jaemin turned around once their customer walked away to find a seat to see Jeno with his arms crossed and his face like stone. "What's wrong, nono? We got our first customer!" Jaemin said, trying to lighten up his friend's mood. "Nothing. I'll get started on the coffee." Jeno replied, his voice still.

Moments later, Jeno called out Renjun's number. The boy walked up to the counter to get his food, failing to notice Jeno's gaze, almost glare, at him. Renjun sat down to eat his food, and finished it rather quickly. He gathered his stuff up and returned the tray at the counter. Jaemin was the one at the counter while Jeno was in the kitchen doing something. "How was the food?" he asked when the customer returned the tray.

"It was great! It may have been the best French toast and coffee I've ever had." Renjun replied. "Really? Thank you!" the worker said, beaming. The customer smiled at him and left, but not before turning around to say a final thank you at the door.

He beautiful. Jaemin thought.